Biometric Device integration

Biometric Device integration

Hi all,

I have to integrate the biometric device with my application that is managing the attendances of employees. I am using ZKTeco Biometric Attendance Management SDK. I have also downloaded the SDK from its site. But i don't know how to integrate it with outsytem web application.

is there any magic to accomplish this?

Regards,

hassan

Hi Hassan,

What kind of biometric device is this? Is it connected to a computer? Is the SDK client-side or server-side? Is the SDK a library, and if so what programming languages does it support, or is it a REST or SOAP interface?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hassan,

What kind of biometric device is this? Is it connected to a computer? Is the SDK client-side or server-side? Is the SDK a library, and if so what programming languages does it support, or is it a REST or SOAP interface?

Hello kilian,

its company is "ZKTeco".

no it is connected to LAN.

SDK is also client side.

SDK is windows based application that supports C#.

regards

Hi Hassan,

If the device is connected by LAN, and you have a C# SDK, you need to create an Extension to interface with the device.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hassan,

If the device is connected by LAN, and you have a C# SDK, you need to create an Extension to interface with the device.

Device is at local network, how can we interact with the device from outsystem?

Hi Hasan,

That totally depends on the SDK. If it has REST integration, use REST. But if you need to use C# create an Extension, like I said.

Hi Hassan,

You have 2 options 

1. Create a rest api and install on the same server that you have your ZKTeco SDK and consome that rest api from your Outsystems application

2. Create a extension in outsystems and implement the  ZKTeco SDK library C# in than and consume the extension from your Outsystems application

Hope that would help

Regards

Devendra

Hassan wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hassan,

Device is at local network, how can we interact with the device from outsystem?

As your device is on your local network then you need to expose Rest API from your local server and the Rest API will communicate with SDK . Now if the outsystem Application server is on same LAN than you can use the REST API' s locally other wise you need to Expose the REST API's  globally

If SDK and Outsystem Application server on same machine than you can use create extensions also

Devendra,

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. The biometrics company has an SDK that the OutSystems application must use to communicate with the device. If the device exposes a REST API, the OutSystems app must consume, not expose a REST API. It is possibly, but imho unlikely, the device will call a REST API that needs to be created in OutSystems.

Also, if the SDK is in C#, and it does some network calls (using UDP or whatnot), whether or not the device is on the same machine is not important. Only if the device needs a device driver (or, god forbid, attached via a serial port) and the SDK communicates with that, you'd need the Extension to be on the same server, but in that case I'd probably not go for an extension, but a piece of interfacing code that exposes a REST API.

Hi Kilian,

I checked the ZKTeco SDK and i found they doesn't have any REST API so i was thinking of creating a a REST API wrapper between SDK and Outsystem application. 

Yes for second point your are right if it allows some TCP/UDP network calls than same machine is not important

Devendra Baghel wrote:

Hi Kilian,

I checked the ZKTeco SDK and i found they doesn't have any REST API so i was thinking of creating a a REST API wrapper between SDK and Outsystem application. 

Yes for second point your are right if it allows some TCP/UDP network calls than same machine is not important

hi devendra,

i am able to get the data from the ZKTeco device using REST WEB service. But now the next challenge is to have the ZKTeco device SDK  and the web service on the server (currently its on the LAN),  and accessing the ZKTeco device on remote server.

The reason is that may be in a couple of months, another biometric device may be installing in our other office. So to tackle that we have to do this?

is there any luck?

Kind Regards 

Hi Hassan,

When you say "i am able to get the data from the ZKTeco device using REST WEB service", are you using OutSystems to access the REST service or something like Postman? Also, are you accessing the REST service via a server the device is connected to, having software installed on that server (or pc, or whatever) that interfaces with the device e.g. via USB, and exposes the REST service you consume?

I'm trying to understand your setup, but you provide way too little information.

Hi Hasaan,

I am not clear where your REST service and ZKTeco device SDK resides. Are they currently on same server or on LAN

And in future do you need them in LAN or same server

Regards

Devendra