Select check box in EditableTable bringing up SAVE, CANCEL and DELETE option

Select check box in EditableTable bringing up SAVE, CANCEL and DELETE option

Hi there, 

I have checkboxes in an editable table. Whenever one of these is selected, the following appears: 

This keeps me from being able to quickly select different records (I have to click cancel first). 

How do I keep these options from appearing when I check the checkbox? 

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, 

Cole

Hi Cole,

I should have said this in my previous post to you: welcome to the wonderful world of the editable tables where everything works great if you don't tweak too much with it....

Having said that, let me tell you that what you are trying to do is not possible unless you use some complex javascript. As it is, the whole table is bound to the same click event and it's very hard to make it work on just some part of the table. At least for me...

And since you are already having issues with it (as stated in your previous post) I would forget about the Editable Table and implement my own interface using a regular TableRecords with some logic and  If conditions to show the value or the input field.

Sorry if I'm not being very helpful. Hopefully somebody else can help you out.

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Cole,

I should have said this in my previous post to you: welcome to the wonderful world of the editable tables where everything works great if you don't tweak too much with it....

Having said that, let me tell you that what you are trying to do is not possible unless you use some complex javascript. As it is, the whole table is bound to the same click event and it's very hard to make it work on just some part of the table. At least for me...

And since you are already having issues with it (as stated in your previous post) I would forget about the Editable Table and implement my own interface using a regular TableRecords with some logic and  If conditions to show the value or the input field.

Sorry if I'm not being very helpful. Hopefully somebody else can help you out.

Cheers,

José

Thanks so much for your response José. I might just do that then. Just wanted to check that I wasn't missing anything obvious. 

I chose to use the editable table mainly because it has the neat save, cancel and delete buttons when you select a record. Turns out that will be the reason I don't use it too. 

Cheers, 

Cole