[Native Geocoder Plugin] nativegeocoder is not defined

[Native Geocoder Plugin] nativegeocoder is not defined

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2017-08-09 by Henrique Batista
2 votes
Published on 2017-08-09 by Henrique Batista

Tried the Native Geocoder Plugin on an Android phone using Outsystems Version 10.0.816.0. 

Phone has GPS enabled and received the error: nativegeocoder is not defined. I see in the eSpace that nativegeocoder is part of the JS. Any suggestions on cause of the condition?

Hi Gregory,

How are you testing/use it? Are you using OutsystemsNow or a generated application?

I just tested on a couple of androids and they're working.

Also, can you please upload an .oml with an example of your code.

Cheers,

I have the same issue - I am using the Android generated app to test.

I can't upload the oml due to privacy restrictions. However, I will be watching this thread.

Hey Bruce,

Which version of Android are you using?

Cheers,

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hey Bruce,

Which version of Android are you using?

Cheers,

I am running Android 8.0.0 and Samsung Experience 9.0

(Build R16NW.N950USQU4CRD7)

Hey Bruce,

I'm using the CoordinatesToAddress on a S8 Android 8.0.0 and Samsung Experience 9.0 and seems to be fine.

Can you send an .oml with the code?  

Hi Henrique,

I am using Outsystems Now app on Samsung Galaxy S7 TMobile Android 7.0 for testing.

I can't share the oml, but I am using the Location Plugin (Published by OutSystems R&D) from Forge with your NativeGeocoderPlugin. I get the location OK because the Lat / Lon are displayed on screen above where the Locale from your plugin should be displayed. The Lat / Lon is being passed correctly to your plugin. 

The error occurs on entry to the MainFlow/Shipping screen. Perhaps a generated app will behave differently, but I can't compile a test yet.

Thanks for the replies.

Solution

Hi Gregory,

In order for you to use the plugin, you need to generate an app, it won't work using OutSystemsNow.

OutSystemsNow is a pre-bundled app with some plugins/features, you can find the documentation here.

For all the other plugins that you encounter here on the community, you'll have to generate your own app to use them.

Hope it helps

Solution

Hi Henrique,

After you mentioned about using the Outsystem Now app, it seemed like that could be the reason since the app is working inside the emulator. I will keep you posted when we generate.

Best regards.