[Pushwoosh Web Notifications] Push Notification not getting initialized in web

[Pushwoosh Web Notifications] Push Notification not getting initialized in web

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 17 Jun by Armando Gomes
1 vote
Published on 17 Jun by Armando Gomes

Hey Armando,

We were getting a pushwoosh Error in our web application in Production, so we were not able to get the Notification.

The error we found in console,

and also to intimate you that in producation we were facing a serious issue regarding the firebase event,

As you said, we generated the production apk and we are getting the event response in firebase console,

But in mobile its not getting the response back.

Please contact me through this mail if you get any idea about how to fix that

keerthivasan18@gmail.com

Thanks,

Keerthi.

Hello Keerthi,

I've released a new version that fixes the mentioned issue.

Regarding Firebase, that's out of scope of this component.

Cheers!

Hey Armando,

Thanks for the reply,

now i am able to get that notification setting popup,

but not getting the notification messages even after i allow the notification,

for all other existing users they were receiving the notification message, because they granted the notification thing previously about a week ago.

we tried this with a new user, he is also not getting the push notification.

Have any idea about this?

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hello Keerthi,

I've run the tests against the sample application. I've registered a Chrome browser and a Firefox browser as well. Both received the notifications.

Cheers,

Armando

Hey Armando,

I have tried in firefox also, 

got this error log

There is the sample application in the forge, available here. You can try it out and see if the issue persists within a controlled environment.

Looking at your picture, the scope parameter is no longer used according to the specification. Are you using the latest (and unmodified) version?

Hey Armando,

I deleted the old version of the Pushwoosh web Notification and installed the new version that you have updated today and i called that in our another module named (Product).

I did all the configurations,

When i open in chrome i dont see any errors in console, it says Pushwossh ready (But i am not getting the pushwoosh notifications)

When i open that in firefox, i not even asking me a notification setting popup, in console i got the same error as i mentioned earlier

Hello Keerthi,

If you provide a sample OML (with no dependencies) with the described behavior, I'll gladly take a look a it.

Thanks,

Armando

Hey Armando,

As you said, I have tried this with a fresh module for testing purpose.

In chrome while i do a test woosh from pushwoosh console, I am able to receive the notification.

But when i send a message through mobile (Request), i cant able to receive the notification.

Should i need to update anything in Pushwoosh plugin?

And for firefox i am still facing the same issue

I have attached the sample OML,

Please verify with that

Thanks,

Keerthi

Solution

Hello Keerthi,

Using your module with my Pushwoosh and FCM details, I get the prompt in Firefox, working properly.

Regarding the second question, that is related to the Pushwoosh Plugin. The mobile plugin has an action SendNotificationToUserId (?) in which, what it does, is that it retrieves PushTokens that are stored in the PushNotifications eSpace, Device Entity. 

The Pushwoosh Web Notification component doesn't register the details in that entity - only in Pushwoosh itself. In order to send from mobile to web, you can either: invoke Pushwoosh remote API or add the push token to the same entity.

But this is a discussion for the PushwooshPlugin.

Cheers

Solution

Hello Keerthi,

If the issue is fixed, please mark the corresponding post as the answer to the issue.

Thank you,

Armando