Mobile changing android version code

Mobile changing android version code

For the first time today I attempted to publish an apk to the google play store to begin a beta test.  We are replacing an existing native app that has been in use for well over 7 years.  I ran into the issue where the version code of the apk is to low and i need to increase it in order to upload the file.  From my searching the only way of increasing the version code of the apk that i could see was to keep building the app to automatically increase the number.  for what ever reason our current version code is 42000.  It is not acceptable to sit and compile the application 42001 times in order to increase the version code.  Is there another way that this can be done?

Hi Jason,

In LifeTime you can tag the build of your mobile app  There is an option to set the version manually. Set it to a version higher than the one in the app store. 

Regards,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

I was able to increase the version number but not the "Version Code"  The version was tagged as 5.1.0 but the version code is coming through as 1.

Jason Dunfee wrote:

Hi Daniel,

I was able to increase the version number but not the "Version Code"  The version was tagged as 5.1.0 but the version code is coming through as 1.

hi daniel

i also have this problem , could you find any way to increase VersionCode to specific number in outsystem?

regards,

omid

Solution

Hi Omid,

I placed a support ticket with OutSystems Support and they were able to increase the VersionCode for me.  They have run into this situation more than once.  It would be nice to add a setting in lifetime or service center that would allow us to manually set this if needed.

Solution

Hi Jason.

I need this same feature.

Have a new status about your support ticket?

They were quick to respond.  Submitting a support ticket is the only way to currently increase this number if you have a high versionCode.  If you only have to increase the number a small amount you can simply recompile the app a couple of times and the versionCode will increase on its own.