[ShoutSystems] ShoutSystems Configuration

[ShoutSystems] ShoutSystems Configuration

Forge Component
(12)
Published on 2017-05-10 by Labs
12 votes
Published on 2017-05-10 by Labs

I would like to change ShoutSystems to develop an application with a chat component for real world use. The security aspect (complete security/privacy of messages) is important.

Is there anything recommended to configure? (It actually ran perfectly with zero configuration, even though an older post mentioned Firebase configuration was previously necessary.)

For example, I noticed that the messages are not saved into the Firebase database - I could be wrong but they seem to sit in my private environment's OutSystems database (but do they perhaps pass through an external system if I do not configure it?).

Thank you very much in advance for any help or advice.

Hello Augustine,

Shoutsystems is a good starting point. You can refer to the coding so you can see how the developers did the integration and the communication channels.

The messages will go through Firebase and will stand on the database, I guess, until the delivery is completed.

I would suggest that you define how do you assure security - or which criteria is important - and then proceed with any design/development.

Cheers

Solution

Hello Augustine,

I would recommend using this component:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2845/in-app-chat-web/

I have recently been through something similar. ShoutSystems comes with a few problems, especially when you need to deploy to a production environment.

Solution

Dear Armando and Werner,

Thank you both so much for your helpful inputs!

Armando, thank you; I will make sure to configure Firebase if I end up using ShoutSystems so the messages do not sit on an external DB.

Werner, I really appreciate your experience here! I will try that module today.