[CryptoAPI] Sample

[CryptoAPI] Sample

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 2015-11-29 by Ricardo Silva
11 votes
Published on 2015-11-29 by Ricardo Silva

Hi Ricardo,

Can you please provide a sample to use a Encrypt and Decrypt plain text?

Best regards

I'm not exactly sure what you're after.

The simplest way to use this is to use the EncryptAES256 action with a password and a text you want to protect, then take the resulting ciphertext and use it with the DecryptAES256 with the same password to decrypt.

But this example does not really add much value as encryption and decryption are more usually done in different flows and contexts.

I would like to point you to Passwords, which is a simple component where I make use of CryptoAPI to create a (very simple) password manager. It's nothing great as it didn't really take off and have the properties I wanted, but there you can see CryptoAPI in action.

Do you have any more specific questions about using the CryptoAPI component?

Hi Ricardo,

I already did it, but using the KEncrypt and KDecrypt, with the GetPrivateKey() function and it worked fine.

Thanks

Best Regards

Ricardo Silva wrote:

The simplest way to use this is to use the EncryptAES256 action with a password and a text you want to protect, then take the resulting ciphertext and use it with the DecryptAES256 with the same password to decrypt.

But this example does not really add much value as encryption and decryption are more usually done in different flows and contexts.

I would like to point you to Passwords, which is a simple component where I make use of CryptoAPI to create a (very simple) password manager. It's nothing great as it didn't really take off and have the properties I wanted, but there you can see CryptoAPI in action.

Hi Ricardo,

Do you have simple demo or sample outsystems program using CryptoAPI

Cheers!!

Mark Anthony Gonzales wrote:

Ricardo Silva wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

Do you have simple demo or sample outsystems program using CryptoAPI

Cheers!!

Hello there,

If you see the reply you quoted, there's a link for a component named Passwords which uses the CryptoAPI. Should be enough to jumpstart your developments.

Cheers!