I have embedded a youtube video in my application using the Iframe web block from Utilities. The full screen option is unavailable. The rest of the controls are working fine. How do I enable full screen using this component?

Hi Sneha,

You can define the width and height of iframe using css or you can override its css class using javascript on page load . If you upload  your oml then it easy to solve it.

Cheers,

Rocky

Hi Rocky,

I was able to set the height and width of the Iframe. But,the option for fullscreen is unavailable when I use the IFrame pattern i.e, I see the button we click to go to fullscreen, but upon clicking it says fullscreen is unavailable.

I used the Iframe HTML code as an expression and it worked fine. 

I wanted to know if there is any way of setting the fullscreen option while using the Iframe pattern(Silk UI pattern)

Thank you !.

Sneha Saraswathi M wrote:

Hi Rocky,

I was able to set the height and width of the Iframe. But,the option for fullscreen is unavailable when I use the IFrame pattern i.e, I see the button we click to go to fullscreen, but upon clicking it says fullscreen is unavailable.

I wanted to know if there is any way of setting the fullscreen option while using the Iframe pattern(Silk UI pattern)

Thank you !.

Hi Sneha, can u send me the IFrame HTML code in expression which is working with full screen

Naveen Raj wrote:

Hi Rocky,

Thank you !.

Hi Sneha, can u send me the IFrame HTML code in expression which is working with full screen

Hi Naveen, Unfortunately, I don't see the option to go to full screen option on the same screen now - I haven't changed the code ever since. Not sure what the root cause is. Are you facing the same issue ?

The code is used in expression is -

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

<iframe width='440' height='220' src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/DWI2R-7XeKI?autoplay=0&controls=0'
frameborder='0' encrypted-media' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Sneha & Naveen,

This iframe code workes fine in expression and also gives fullscreen option.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_0VWcSJt7I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can get this code for any video from share->embed option on youtube video page.

Regarding iframe web block (which is old question). It doesn't seems possible as there are no extended attributes to set which we have to set in youtube video iframe.

Naveen Raj wrote:

Hi Rocky,

Thank you !.

Hi Naveen, Unfortunately, I don't see the option to go to full screen option on the same screen now - I haven't changed the code ever since. Not sure what the root cause is. Are you facing the same issue ?

The code is used in expression is -

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

<iframe width='440' height='220' src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/DWI2R-7XeKI?autoplay=0&controls=0'
frameborder='0' encrypted-media' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Sneha,

At last i used ScreenOrientationPlugin, its working. Try that

The iframe code Nikhil posted worked for me. My query was about the outsystems Silk UI component which doesn't seem to support a basic requirement when it comes to videos. Back then in 2018, the iframe code I used was working for me. Today when I checked it isn't working - until I updated it. This was the main reason I wanted to use a reusable component, since that means there is a team ensuring it is always up to date.

But like Nikhil mentioned, it looks like there is no way to make the Silk UI component work.