How to display Value from data saved to a table in - COMBO BOX ?

How to display Value from data saved to a table in - COMBO BOX ?

Hi 

I have a combo box 

On page load I want this combo box to show the value from a attribute in an entity  ( previously saved value) 

Next -- If the user clicks the down arrow of the combo box - I want to show all the possible other selectable values 

If one is selected I want this value to be saved into the entity on  submitting the form 

Hi Omran,

You can use Source Entity to achieve what you want, is an option of the combo box.

Hope it helps.

Hi Omran,

If you set the source record list to an aggretate in which you fetch the records you want, by default, the order that is showed in the combo box is the order of the aggregate. So if you make sure the newest record appears on top (either sort Z-> A by creation date or ID), you get the newest record displayed in the combo box.

You can save the record in the OnChange property.

But have you gone through the guided paths? If not, you should do that as well.

Sam

Hi 

So for my Source Record List I am using a Webservice call that returns a - LIST 

This is used to populate the combo box with all possible values 

I have a local variable that the  combo box property called :- Variable   - is set to

This variable will contain the value selected by the user 

I need to initially show the "CURRENT" value of the field ... I want to take this value from 

a table 

Hugo Duarte wrote:

Hi Omran,

You can use Source Entity to achieve what you want, is an option of the combo box.

Hope it helps.

Hi 

I have a local variable that the  combo box property called :- Variable   - is set to

I need to initially show the "CURRENT" value of the field ... I want to take this value from 

a table 

Omran Bhatti wrote:

Hi 

a table 

You could still follow the approach I described. In order to obtain the desired order, you can sort the list with the server action 'ListSort'. It allows you to select the list you want to sort, and the attribute you want to sort by.

Sam 

Im not looking to sort the list Sam ... i want to get a value that has already been saved in a table to be displayed in th combo box 

Omran Bhatti wrote:

Im not looking to sort the list Sam ... i want to get a value that has already been saved in a table to be displayed in th combo box 

So to what entity is the value saved to? Can't you set the record list of the combo box to the corresponding entity? If the attribute appears more than once in the entity, you could do a group by in the aggregate?

Or perhaps I do not understand your question properly. If so, could you provide more info, perhaps an .oml file?