pdf or ppt report generation plugin

pdf or ppt report generation plugin

I wanted  to convert the data in my app into either pdf or ppt for reporting purposes. Is there any tool or component available for the same?

The data includes some charts and normal text info.

Hi Prajjwal,

Have you searched in the Forge at all? There's several components dealing with PDF (but I don't think there are any for PPT).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Prajjwal,

Have you searched in the Forge at all? There's several components dealing with PDF (but I don't think there are any for PPT).

Yes, I have searched in forge.
Most of the extensions deal with converting data to pdf from HMTL source.

But I wanted to present my app data in pdf format.

If any such extension is available please do tell.

Solution

Hi Prajjwal,

I would advise against creating PDFs from scratch. The PDF format is basically a very low-level scalable graphics format, and you'd be dealing with line draw commands (so say goodbye to any chart library you have, you'll need to create one yourself!), text placement (no automatic wrapping!) and so on and so forth.

The best option you have is to create a PDF from an HTML page or from a Word or Excel document. There are I believe several good components for that in the Forge, like I said.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Prajjwal,

I would advise against creating PDFs from scratch. The PDF format is basically a very low-level scalable graphics format, and you'd be dealing with line draw commands (so say goodbye to any chart library you have, you'll need to create one yourself!), text placement (no automatic wrapping!) and so on and so forth.

The best option you have is to create a PDF from an HTML page or from a Word or Excel document. There are I believe several good components for that in the Forge, like I said.

Thanks a lot!

I will look more into it.