Android app - OAuth credentials problem

Android app - OAuth credentials problem

The demo documentation is great if you're developing a web app, but it isn't very helpful if you're developing an Android app. I'm trying to set up OAuth and it needs two things

1) Package name from "AndroidManifest.xml". I'm using the basic hosted plan. Does this file even exist?

2) SHA-1 signing-certificate: Google gives me the command to get this from my JDK keystore, but I don't see any certs related to my app in there. 

When i start a new android project in outsystems and generate an app, it asks me to UPLOAD my keystore and I uploaded my "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_172\jre\lib\security\cacerts" file, but outsystems also asks for "the alias of the private/public key pair to use". What is this alias? I entered something just random in there, but got an error when trying to generate the app saying the alias didn't exist. How exactly am I suppose d to add OAuth credentials to Google Drive Connector if I'm using a MOBILE app?

Hey Brian

What are you exactly trying to achieve?

Are you using the something like the Google Services OAuth2 plugin ?

Best regards,

PC

Pedro Coelho wrote:

Hey Brian

What are you exactly trying to achieve?

Are you using the something like the Google Services OAuth2 plugin ?

Best regards,

PC

I have an Android app that lets users upload a profile photo to a binary field in my database. It's simple and I already have it working. I use the PhotoCropper plugin right now to let users either select a photo from their camera or file system and crop as necessary. I would like to also let users upload from their google drive. 

I found the Google Drive Connector. I read that it's a wrapper for the Google Drive REST API, so I figured I would need to use OAuth to authenticate first before allowing the user to access their drive. I'm just trying to figure out where to start.