Mobile Radio buttons

Hi,

Is it possible on a mobile application to show a popup with a list of radio buttons instead of showing a drop-down list. Sometimes to display a multiple choice list, this looks better than a drop down list, from a design point of view.

Hi Hasani Girod,

Yes indeed its possible.
In OutSystems mobile the concept of 'Radio Buttons' is called as 'Button Group'.

You can set a single variable and create buttons which points to that variable(Only single button can be selected at a time like radio buttons.)

On click of those buttons, you can set popups and their dynamic content.

A very simple example for achieving this is attached here in .oml file. Check it.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or doubts in this.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Hi Palak,

Thanks for the response but what I was actually referring to is the ability to show a list of radio buttons instead of a drop down list.

See small example of another app i saw the functionality in.

The Lead Potential field has 4 options:-

1. Low
  2. Medium
  3. High
  4. Not Relevant

The Lead Stage has 6 options:-

1. Open
  2. Contacted
  3. Qualified
  4. Customer
  5. Unqualified
  6. Inactive Customer

Currently if I was to implement something like this, the only option I have is a drop-down list.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this the default behaviour of drop-downs on an Android device?

Solution

Hi Hasani,

Jorge is right, that is the look of a native dropdown in Android. In order to have it in your app, you can use this component from the Forge: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Details.aspx?ProjectId=1598.

Be aware though that it will only look like that in Android.

Solution

Ok thanks a lot