Cloning from Sample APP, how to change DB connection to Cloned DB and change icon

Cloning from Sample APP, how to change DB connection to Cloned DB and change icon

1. I have cloned a sample app and DB from Silk UI samples, only to find that the current APP still connects to the sample-DB instead of the cloned-sample-db. Can any one tell me how to change the connection to the cloned db please? 

2. Another thing, though I have changed the icon already:

I still find when I view from browser, my app has the sample icon (one green tick one):

Can someone please let me know where I can change this please?

The icon thing could just be browser cache, press Ctrl-F5 to see whether it changes.

As for the cloned app: all reference to other eSpace will of course still be pointing to those other eSpaces. If you clone one of those eSpaces, and you want your cloned app to use that, you'll need to manually change that. The easiest way is to derference the original eSpace, then reference the new one. TrueChange will fix the broken references for you.

Connie,

1) You need to change the references in the cloned sample app to point to the cloned sample DB instead of the original sample DB.

2) The icon that shows on the browser tab is the favicon.ico that is under resources. You can change the ico to a different one. You may need to refresh the cache of your browser to get it to display. Just confirm on an incognito session before you do that.

Ouen

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

The icon thing could just be browser cache, press Ctrl-F5 to see whether it changes.

As for the cloned app: all reference to other eSpace will of course still be pointing to those other eSpaces. If you clone one of those eSpaces, and you want your cloned app to use that, you'll need to manually change that. The easiest way is to derference the original eSpace, then reference the new one. TrueChange will fix the broken references for you.

"The easiest way is to derference the original eSpace, then reference the new one."

Can you please walk me through step by step on this please? I'm in the original eSpace, do I change the dependencies or...

Solution

Hi Connie,

Indeed, you need to open the "Manage Dependencies" pop-up. In it, find the original eSpace on the left hand side, and click it. Next, deselect all references on the right hand side, by clicking the top-most check box of the tree.

Then, find the cloned eSpace on the left hand side, and click it. Select all references on the right hand side, again by clicking the topmost check box. Then, press "OK".

You now probably have too many references (i.e. including ones you don't need), so you can select "Remove Unused Elements" from the Module menu to fix that.

Solution