How many Application Objects do you get on Development for OutSystems Enterprise?

How many Application Objects do you get on Development for OutSystems Enterprise?

Hi,

I recently started with a new OutSystems Enterprise cloud environment and I am surprised to see that we get only 400 AO on Development. I thought Development allows more AO than the Production licensed limit because you are supposed to be able to try out things, experiment with Forge components, etc. 

Is this normal? How many AO do you guys have on Developent?

Hi,

as far as i know AOs in the developer environment is unlimited. It is applied to our enterprise dev envi.

regards.

Hi Adrian,

I suggest you contact your account manager to check what had been sold. Usually, dev env is unlimited, but only in enterprise licenses. I guess there is a different license type where dev is more limited. So, you need to check with them.

Hi -

I have worked with, quite literally DOZENS of environments.

I have NEVER, EVER, EVVVVVVEEEEEER seen a development environment under a license have "unlimited" AOs or SUs*. In fact, I have never seen one where development had a different AO/SU count than production.

Now, perhaps it is possible that this is something that has changed in the last 6 months (none of the environments I have seen were started more recently than 6 months ago).

But I have never heard of this either.

If you want a sandbox/junk environment with unlimited AOs, use a Personal Environment**. That's one of the reasons they exist. This also lets you experiment without cluttering up your development environment with garbage.

J.Ja

* under super rare, extraordinarily unusual circumstances this does happen but it is because something like a temporary "bailout" license was applied to solve an emergency situation, and this should never happen unless you have a complete crisis that needs immediate fixing.

** make sure that you are doing purely EXPERIMENTAL work here, since there is no way to privately get work from a Personal Environment to an Enterprise environment.

Ehm...

I got 1 dev with unlimited AOs, and another with limited AOs.

I think it was all due to agreement with Outsystems.

Solution

Harlin is right, Justin. Almost all environments I'm working on have the unlimited ao in the development environment. I have yet to see it on an on-premise environment, but on recent cloud environments, it seems to be the default nowadays.

Solution

Thanks to all of you for the feedback! I'll check with OutSystems.

Justin James wrote:

Hi -

I have worked with, quite literally DOZENS of environments.

I have NEVER, EVER, EVVVVVVEEEEEER seen a development environment under a license have "unlimited" AOs or SUs*. In fact, I have never seen one where development had a different AO/SU count than production.

Now, perhaps it is possible that this is something that has changed in the last 6 months (none of the environments I have seen were started more recently than 6 months ago).

But I have never heard of this either.

If you want a sandbox/junk environment with unlimited AOs, use a Personal Environment**. That's one of the reasons they exist. This also lets you experiment without cluttering up your development environment with garbage.

J.Ja

* under super rare, extraordinarily unusual circumstances this does happen but it is because something like a temporary "bailout" license was applied to solve an emergency situation, and this should never happen unless you have a complete crisis that needs immediate fixing.

** make sure that you are doing purely EXPERIMENTAL work here, since there is no way to privately get work from a Personal Environment to an Enterprise environment.

Hi Justin,

I have now unlimited AOs on Development (cloud OutSystems Enterprise license).

Cheers,

Adrian

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Ehm...

I got 1 dev with unlimited AOs, and another with limited AOs.

I think it was all due to agreement with Outsystems.

Me too!! (is on-promise env.)