Timer action

Hi, 

In a timer action I need to load excel file which contain 35000 records instead of adding the Excel file in the resource can I able upload file dynamically for timer action

Thanks

R.karthik

Hi karthik,

You can create a job and schedule it. In logic you have to keep excel in specific folder and with the help of  Directory_ListDirFiles you can find all files inside that directory .

I hope this will help you.Make sure query timeout must be define more otherwise you will get request time out error.

Cheers,

Rocky

Hi Rocky,

Can we dynamically change excel file without publishing the module each time when we need different excel file

Hi Karthik,

with  Directory_ListDirFiles  you will get list of file which present in that DIR. Once you upload that file just delete it from folder  (File_Delete), Next time you will get new excel file in that list.

But you have to keep the excel file in specific folder . From where you have upload file?

Cheers,

Rocky

Rocky wrote:

Hi Karthik,

with  Directory_ListDirFiles  you will get list of file which present in that DIR. Once you upload that file just delete it from folder  (File_Delete), Next time you will get new excel file in that list.

But you have to keep the excel file in specific folder . From where you have upload file?

Cheers,

Rocky

hi Rocky,

Thank You for the Reply and from where we need to get Network file system

Hello Karthik,

If you will do this operation many times, or if this must be done by the user, there is what I think is a better option.

You create a small backoffice to upload the file and save it to database. The same action can wake the timer or you can schedule it, that will than fetch the file from database and process it.

Cheers

Rocky wrote:

Just download it from here

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/99/network-filesystem/?Unfollow=False

Hi Rocky,

I get error while downloading network file systems.Pls Refer the screen shot

Hi karthik,

I cannot view your screen shot  becoz its croped .Can you attach it.

Hi Rocky,

I have attached the file

Hi Karthik,

Some issue with component , Once you click ok .You will get all Function inside that and can publish it.

It will work fine