Connecting AWS S3-simple storage service

Connecting AWS S3-simple storage service

Hi All,

I am very new to outsystem as i need to configure ASW-s3 file system from my outsystem Cloud environment not a personal environment as i have following information to connect ASW-s3 but not sure where i need to place that information.

Account Alias:
Account Username:
Account Password:
Access Key:
Access Secret:

Bucket Name:
Bucket ARN: arn:aws:s3:::
Region:

Hi Ananth,

I'm not sure of what are you tying to accomplish, but if you simply want to send files to a  S3 bucket you can install a forge component like AWS S3 Extension (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2929/aws-s3-extension/) and that will allow you to send and delete files from your bucket. On the actions provided by the extension you will need to add the information that you mention. 

Best regards,

Ruben Meireles wrote:

Hi Ruben thanks for your assistance.

after store the file in s3 shall i retrieve file location folder also can i overrite the existing file(Update).

is it reliable since we are using confidential information..if yes how to know that

Regards,

Anantha

Hi Ananth,

I'm not sure of what are you tying to accomplish, but if you simply want to send files to a  S3 bucket you can install a forge component like AWS S3 Extension (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2929/aws-s3-extension/) and that will allow you to send and delete files from your bucket. On the actions provided by the extension you will need to add the information that you mention. 

Best regards,

Ananth, for that specific component you need to define the file path when you send it to AWS. Yes you can update the file, simply send the file to the same location with the same name (exactly the same key). 

Note: AWS S3 does not have folders, it works with keys, but you can emulate folders using keys if you need.

I know that you can implemente multiple securities to your buckets, but I don't know enough about S3 reliability or security to advise you, you should do some research or ask Amazon.

Best Regards,

Ruben Meireles wrote:

Ananth, for that specific component you need to define the file path when you send it to AWS. Yes you can update the file, simply send the file to the same location with the same name (exactly the same key). 

Note: AWS S3 does not have folders, it works with keys, but you can emulate folders using keys if you need.

I know that you can implemente multiple securities to your buckets, but I don't know enough about S3 reliability or security to advise you, you should do some research or ask Amazon.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the Reply @Ruben. I am not asking about the Security features of S3. I want to know whether this particular Amazon S3 extension is secured or not. Since it is a third party component, we are afraid to use them. Please clarify on this.

Thanks and regards,

Ananth

Hi Ananth, that extension is not mine, if you have security concerns you can create your own integration with AWS (you can achieve this by multiple ways, for example REST or JS). You can also audit the extension code or explain your concerns to the developer of the extension, and ask for his help.

Best regards,