[Multiple File Upload] Not able to upload video that more than 150MB

[Multiple File Upload] Not able to upload video that more than 150MB

Forge Component
(35)
Published on 8 Aug (10 days ago) by Remco Dekkinga
35 votes
Published on 8 Aug (10 days ago) by Remco Dekkinga

Hi

I implemented this component on my project, it will save the uploaded image/video to Amazon S3 bucket. 

I encounter problem when uploading video that more than 150MB. I don't receive any error or timeout. No error prompt. Uploading progress to 100% and prompt successfully uploaded, but it did not appear in S3 and no record in db.

What I have tried on the troubleshooting:

1. Debug when upload a 50MB video, it works.

2. Debug when upload a 200MB video, it don't even enter the debugger mode in the ProcessFile.

Anyone can help on this?

Thanks.

XiaoHui wrote:

Hi

I implemented this component on my project, it will save the uploaded image/video to Amazon S3 bucket. 

I encounter problem when uploading video that more than 150MB. I don't receive any error or timeout. No error prompt. Uploading progress to 100% and prompt successfully uploaded, but it did not appear in S3 and no record in db.

What I have tried on the troubleshooting:

1. Debug when upload a 50MB video, it works.

2. Debug when upload a 200MB video, it don't even enter the debugger mode in the ProcessFile.

Anyone can help on this?

Thanks.

Hi Xiao, 

You dont have any limitation on you IIS Server?

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi Xiao, 

You dont have any limitation on you IIS Server?

Hi Fabio

I upload the file directly to S3 bucket but not to IIS Server, in this case, does the IIS Server limit make any difference?

Hi

I able to debug and got this error "Maximum request length exceeded." in the FileFetch.

I have set my IIS Server limit to 500MB.

Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks.

Hi XiaoHui,

If you are using IIS for hosting your application, then the default upload file size if 4MB. To increase it, please use this below section in your web.config. If possible change it in the web.config template that is used by OutSystems. If you wnat to change it for just one application, use the FactoryConfiguration Forge component.

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" />
    </system.web>
</configuration>

For IIS7 and above, you also need to add the lines below:

<system.webServer>
   <security>
      <requestFiltering>
         <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="1073741824" />
      </requestFiltering>
   </security>
 </system.webServer>

Note:

• maxRequestLength is measured in kilobytes
  • maxAllowedContentLength is measured in bytes

which is why the values differ in this config example. (Both are equivalent to 1 GB)

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga