iOS Distribution Certificate Expires

iOS Distribution Certificate Expires

Hello

I have a mobile app on the app store. I have just  received an email from Apple stating that the iOS Distribution Certificate Expires soon. 

I generated a new p12 certificate and I created a new provisioning profile on the Apple Developer Portal. But now what do I need to do next? Do I have to generate a new apk from Service Studio using the new certificate and provisioning profile and then upload that  to the app store?

I dont want to generate a new version as then it will go through an apple review again. 

Where can I find more information about what to do with an outsystems app when the certificate expires? 

Thanks!

Solution

Hello Vonnelize,

Taken from Apple documentation:

Expired or Revoked Certificates

• iOS Distribution Certificate (App Store)
    If your Apple Developer Program membership is valid, your existing apps on the App Store will not be affected. However, you will no longer be able to upload new apps or updates signed with the expired or revoked certificate to the App Store.

I believe this should answer your questions. As implicit, if you do any development that requires the application to be regenerated - and pushed to the stores - you'll have to sign with the new certificate.

Cheers,

Armando

Solution

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Vonnelize,

Taken from Apple documentation:

Expired or Revoked Certificates

• iOS Distribution Certificate (App Store)
    If your Apple Developer Program membership is valid, your existing apps on the App Store will not be affected. However, you will no longer be able to upload new apps or updates signed with the expired or revoked certificate to the App Store.

I believe this should answer your questions. As implicit, if you do any development that requires the application to be regenerated - and pushed to the stores - you'll have to sign with the new certificate.

Cheers,

Armando

Thank you for clarifying Armando.

Hi,

We have an apple developer enterprise distribution and we distribute the app by providing them the link to install. If the provisioning profile expires and we renew it, do we need to reinstall the app again? Or will renewing the provisioning profile make the app accessible again?

Please advise.

Regards,

Rom

Hello Romuel,

The devices will have to receive the new provisioning profile somehow, either manually or through MDM. Please check Apple's documentation about that.

Cheers!