Apple Pay and Google Pay Integration

Apple Pay and Google Pay Integration

Hi Folks. 

Want to know if any of you have integrated Apple Pay or Google Pay in your mobile apps. I have a use case where I wish to offer premium features on the mobile app to the customer after payment. There is a mandate by Apple that In-App purchases should be done only via Apple pay, and it won't allow 3rd party payment gateways - if I understood this correctly.

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#payments

I could see that there are cordova plugins available for outsystems 

https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-applepay

https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-google-payments

However, want to know if any one out there has some previous experience implementing it.

Looking Forward.

Cheers.

Running on OS-10 and in Cloud.

Hello Manikandan,

I have a different interpretation of what's written there. Assuming you are using a multiplatform service - iOS, Android, Web, etc. -, you can allow the users to "redeem" content already purchased as long as you have that same content available as in-app purchases.

I've implemented payment integrations in the past - as you can see from my profile. Let me - and everyone else on the forum - know if you have any additional question.

Cheers!

Hi Armando.  Many thanks for your reply.

We are building a Wellness platform for users that use both guided and unguided content. We are building the mobile app in OS and publishing in both Android and IOS. We wish to implement a payment methodology, where users get access to FREE content for a limited period, and UPGRADE to a premium version when prompted / required. 

While analyzing the different options, one route was to integrate a local payment gateway and route the payments through them. I need to get a merchant ID from a local payment gateway provider like Stripe or any other provider (who are PCI compliant) and route the payments through them. However, upon analysis, we came up with the roadblock from Apple - (which I would like to have further clarifications from related experts) about the in-app purchases.

In this scenario, whether we  should go with a third party PG or integrate with Google Pay and Apple pay is what we are exploring.

Should we choose to go this path, wanted to know if there are some installations done already.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cheers

Hello again,

We are building a Wellness platform for users that use both guided and unguided content. We are building the mobile app in OS and publishing in both Android and IOS. We wish to implement a payment methodology, where users get access to FREE content for a limited period, and UPGRADE to a premium version when prompted / required. 

I'm pretty sure this falls into the needs of using in-app purchases since it's an app-related content purchase. In this case, I would suggest taking a closer look into this bullet:

• Non-subscription apps may offer a free time-based trial period before presenting a full unlock option by setting up a Non-Consumable IAP item at Price Tier 0 that follows the naming convention: “XX-day Trial.” Prior to the start of the trial, your app must clearly identify its duration, the content or services that will no longer be accessible when the trial ends, and any downstream charges the user would need to pay for full functionality. Learn more about managing content access and the duration of the trial period using Receipts and Device Check.

In order to implement in-app purchases for both platforms, I would suggest taking a look at this plugin.

Cheers!