Filter multiple values selected in listbox in aggregate filter

Filter multiple values selected in listbox in aggregate filter

How to search for multiple values in search box and also the table should be filtered according to the values selected in the list box to countries,states,districts is there any way to filter it in aggregates filter without using SQL component in the preparation.

Hai Sriharan,

From what i know it can be a long process to do it with out using SQL. To do that create a screen action

1. Filter the aggregate with the with district, state and country name using 'AND' or 'OR'

2. Get the search word and split the string using string split action to get the individual words.

3. Loop this list and filter the list obtained in step one using each word. Append this in a local List and use this list a the          source for the table list

Check if this works for you

cheers

Charles Raphel D wrote:

Hai Sriharan,

From what i know it can be a long process to do it with out using SQL. To do that create a screen action

1. Filter the aggregate with the with district, state and country name using 'AND' or 'OR'

2. Get the search word and split the string using string split action to get the individual words.

3. Loop this list and filter the list obtained in step one using each word. Append this in a local List and use this list a the          source for the table list

Check if this works for you

cheers

Hi Charles,

I am also facing a similar kind of issue. Saw your solution and tried the same. 

But I am not clear with the 3rd step. How to filter using a list. Can you please elaborate. 

Sriharan J wrote:

How to search for multiple values in search box and also the table should be filtered according to the values selected in the list box to countries,states,districts is there any way to filter it in aggregates filter without using SQL component in the preparation.

Hi Shirharan,

Here the simple solution like regular expression, just use the square brackets for each name, just use some string operation todo this format and pass as input to aggregate, and apply additional filter district includes with OR condition.

Hope this helps.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Person.Name like "[sean][steven]%"

Thanks,

Balu