Professional Developer Exam preparation after update to version 10

Hi All

I want to ask about Professional Developer Exam preparation after update to version 10 .is there is anyone applied and took this exam and just let us know it is the same topics described in the exam sheet .also it is still multiple choice and how difficulty is it


thanks and regards 

Hi Badr,

The updates to version 10 didn't change the topics covered, so the exam sheet is still a good study guide as far as topics go.  Also, the test is still multiple choice with one correct answer for each question.

As far as how difficult it is, I would describe it as significantly more challenging than the associate exams.  The Associate exams are very focused on just the basic web or mobile development concepts.  The Professional exam tests a broader set of topics including things like Timers, BPT, multi-tenant, multi-lingual, and best practices.  So unless you have real life experience with those topics, it can take a bit more time to prepare for the exam.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

Can anyone shared his experience with Professional Exam like how the question are asking in exam etc.

Hi, 

I had recently given my Professional exam. The exam is multiple choice. 40 questions. 

The questions are not at all theoretical. They are scenario based.

They test whether you have real experience/ hands on.

Some of the topics I can recollect are :- 

1) Best Practices 

2) Infrastructure 

3) Security 

4) Web services vs Local Services 

5) Multi tenancy 

6) Multi Lingual applications 

7) Timers & Processes 

8) BPT 

9) Exception Handling 

10) DB (Custom SQL, Entities & Relationships) 

11) Groups & Roles 

12) Extensibility 

13) Validating Architecture 

14)  Refactoring

15)  Performance 

16) Data Processing 

17) Developing in Teams

18) Also do read the OutSystems documentation 

Also I believe attending the Advanced Developer bootcamp might also give more insights. 


Hope the above helps. 

Regards

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi, 

I had recently given my Professional exam. The exam is multiple choice. 40 questions. 

The questions are not at all theoretical. They are scenario based.

They test whether you have real experience/ hands on.

Some of the topics I can recollect are :- 

1) Best Practices 

2) Infrastructure 

3) Security 

4) Web services vs Local Services 

5) Multi tenancy 

6) Multi Lingual applications 

7) Timers & Processes 

8) BPT 

9) Exception Handling 

10) DB (Custom SQL, Entities & Relationships) 

11) Groups & Roles 

12) Extensibility 

13) Validating Architecture 

14)  Refactoring

15)  Performance 

16) Data Processing 

17) Developing in Teams

18) Also do read the OutSystems documentation 

Also I believe attending the Advanced Developer bootcamp might also give more insights. 


Hope the above helps. 

Regards

Thank you so much Raj.
This will help us a lot.


Hi Salman,

My recommendation is ready the questions very carefully since there are a couple of tricky questions. Also go through the exam details sheet on training>certification section.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Salman,

My recommendation is ready the questions very carefully since there are a couple of tricky questions. Also go through the exam details sheet on training>certification section.

Regards,

Marcelo

Sure Marcelo Thanks.

but I need some idea how they ask the question etc??


Hi Salman,

The basic pattern is a scenario is described, sometimes with images showing e.g. a data model, and there are four multiple choice answers of which, as Scott said, only one is ever correct (unless there's an "all of the above", I vaguely recall there being at least one question with that answer). The way of asking the questions is not that much different from the Associate Exam, it's just the scenarios and questions are more in-depth.

Of course, we can't give more detail, as it is explicitly not allowed to share actual questions.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Salman,

The basic pattern is a scenario is described, sometimes with images showing e.g. a data model, and there are four multiple choice answers of which, as Scott said, only one is ever correct (unless there's an "all of the above", I vaguely recall there being at least one question with that answer). The way of asking the questions is not that much different from the Associate Exam, it's just the scenarios and questions are more in-depth.

Of course, we can't give more detail, as it is explicitly not allowed to share actual questions.


Thanks Kilian