I created a timer and added an action. i want to debug it. But i can't access action at breakpoint.

Hi Tri,

It's difficult to help you with so little information. Can you share some more code than just the single Statement? In what code do you call the Wake? If you want to debug the Timer, why do you have a break point on the Wake, instead of the start of the Timer's Action?

Hi Tri,

Not sure what you try to say.

Debugging works as follows:

• You set one or more breakpoints
  • You start a debugger session
  • If you have enabledthe Break on all exceptions and an exception occurs execution is halted for you to debug at the point of exception, or
  • If the program reaches a breakpoint execution is halted.
    • From there you either go through the code step by step using stop over (F10) or Step into'  (F11)
    • Or you let the program continue running until it reaches the next breakpoint  using Continue (F9)

More info on debugging:

Regards,
Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Hi Tri,

Other point... usually when debugging, you put your entry point in the End User module... But here you have to be aware that a timer runs in a different session than the rest of the application, so if you debug with the entry point in the end user module, as it's in a different session than the timer (when in the service center run now), debug never gets there.

For this your entry point must be "This Module" so that when you run the timer it will stop at your breakpoint in the timer.

Regards,

Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Hi Nuno,

Please check the date before replying. This post is already over a year old! Better to leave it alone.