ListFilter to filter the local list

ListFilter to filter the local list

  

Hi, All

I want to Use the ListFilter and checkbox to Filter the Local list (dummydata) to display. what should I do.

The checkbox condition like aa = "s" and DiffA =true

Can you share the entity/structure definition of the source list?

Tiago Gafeira wrote:

Can you share the entity/structure definition of the source list?

Hello ,

This is the entity look like 


Tiago Gafeira wrote:

Can you share the entity/structure definition of the source list?

And the local list is the entity list.

If it is an entity, do you really want to use ListFilter? Shouldn't you be filtering the data retrieved from the DB?

Please check Implement a Search Filter - OutSystems Platform Training as a guide.

Tiago Gafeira wrote:

If it is an entity, do you really want to use ListFilter? Shouldn't you be filtering the data retrieved from the DB?

Please check Implement a Search Filter - OutSystems Platform Training as a guide.

Hi, Tiago Gafeira

   I don't Use the entity. I want to filter the local Vailiable. The data type is Entity List.

Solution

Hi Yu,

What exactly about ListFilter you don't understand? As the documentation shows, it has two parameters: SourceList, which is the List you want to filter (in your case that would be the local variable), and Condition, which is the condition to filter by. The Condition can use both Variables etc. that are outside the List (e.g. the Variable bound to the Check Box Widget), and those that are inside (i.e. everything that normally comes after the ListVariable.Current). If you open the Expression Editor, Service Studio helpfully shows you which these are, like this:

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Yu,

What exactly about ListFilter you don't understand? As the documentation shows, it has two parameters: SourceList, which is the List you want to filter (in your case that would be the local variable), and Condition, which is the condition to filter by. The Condition can use both Variables etc. that are outside the List (e.g. the Variable bound to the Check Box Widget), and those that are inside (i.e. everything that normally comes after the ListVariable.Current). If you open the Expression Editor, Service Studio helpfully shows you which these are, like this:

Hi 

  Thanks for reply my question. And I want know Is the ListFilter use for two or three conditions?


You can use any condition you like, including using "and" and "or", just like you would in an If Statement.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

You can use any condition you like, including using "and" and "or", just like you would in an If Statement.

Thanks for Helping me~~


You're welcome. You got your problem solved now? If so, please mark my answer as "Solution". Thanks!