How to update user password

How to update user password

Hello Mates,

I have created User Management Module but  I am unable to add a password field while adding or editing users.

Thanks in advance,

Afaque Shaikh

Solution

Hi Afaque,

Unfortunately (probably by design, but it is rather annoying), if you drag/drop an Entity on a Web Screen, all Attributes are converted into editable fields in a Form Widget, except for passwords. However, you can just manually add another Input to the Form (use the Password Widget), and set that to the password field of your user Structure/Entity.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Afaque,

Unfortunately (probably by design, but it is rather annoying), if you drag/drop an Entity on a Web Screen, all Attributes are converted into editable fields in a Form Widget, except for passwords. However, you can just manually add another Input to the Form (use the Password Widget), and set that to the password field of your user Structure/Entity.

Thanks Kilian, 

can you please tell me which encryption method outsystem use , as I want to store password in DB.

Hi Afaque,

You should use the EncryptPassword Action from the Users eSpace.

Afaque Shaikh wrote:

Hello Mates,

I have created User Management Module but  I am unable to add a password field while adding or editing users.

Thanks in advance,

Afaque Shaikh

Hi Afaque,

You can add another Input to the Form (use the Password Widget) and bind with variable or user Structure/Entity.

Please find the attached "UserManagement.oml" file for your reference. Please go through 

UserManagement --> ChangePassword (webblock), i think this will help you.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Afaque,

I am unable to find EncryptPassword Action in Service Studio :(

Hi Afaque,

Like I said, it's in the Users eSpace. You need to reference it via the Manage Dependencies pop-up:

Afaque Shaikh wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Afaque,

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Afaque,

Like I said, it's in the Users eSpace. You need to reference it via the Manage Dependencies pop-up:

Thanks Kilian it worked, 

I really appreciate your help :)

You're welcome :).

Amit Verma wrote:

Afaque Shaikh wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Afaque,

Thanks Amit :)

Welcome :)