DB2 Integration

Hello,

I am building a web & mobile application on Outsystems that connects to an external DB2 Database.

Does anybody in the group have experience of connecting Outsystems to a DB2 database and can help answer these questions

1. How easy is it to integrate with DB2 Database when compared to a SQL database?

2. Is there a noticeable performance difference when you try to read/update/delete records between SQL and DB2 Databases?

thanks in advance

Regards,

Raghu Kummari

Hi Raghavendra,

I have never integrated other DB in Outsystems, but I think this Document can help you. 

In relation to the question 2, you always will lose some performance using an external database.

Regards

Paulo Cação wrote:

Hi Raghavendra,

I have never integrated other DB in Outsystems, but I think this Document can help you. 

In relation to the question 2, you always will lose some performance using an external database.

Regards

I had a look at this document Paulo. I would like to hear from developers/administrators who have done it and what's their experience. On the 2nd point, with the external database we might lose performance but what I would like to understand is, does it further make a difference if its a Db2 and not a SQL  database.