[MultipleSelection] Multiple Selection

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2 May by Palash Debnath
5 votes
Published on 2 May by Palash Debnath

Hi,

First of all congrats for the component. 

I would like to ask you how should work the multiple selection of elements from the list? Since, from what I checked, it is just saving the last Id picked. I thought that it would save to the variable all the Id's checked on the combo.  

Kind regards,


João Tavares

Looks like its saving a comma delimeted list of values selected to the intOptionValues variable. So you would need to parse through that list to understand what was chosen, similar to the MultipleSelect component

Hi João,

i am very sorry for the late reply.

Keith is right about the selection. it creates a comma delimited list with all the selected option values.

Thanks & Regards,

Palash

Can you please explain how can  I get the list of selected values. As you mentioned I should get a comma delimited list in the variable assigned to combo box. But all I get is the id/value for the last selected item. 

Hi Tushar/Joao,

This component is having InputPlaceholder you can place a text box there and bind a text variable(intOptionValues) with this textbox and you can get comma separated selected id`s in variable intOptionValues.



Please find attached oml for more detail hope it will solve the problem.


Regards

-SK-

I am facing another weird issue. If I go by this approach the buttons are getting disabled whenever I select all. If I don't select all and just select some of the items everything works as expected. 

Hi there im having some issues using this tool since it only functions when its selected in order im trying to fill an array with the items and then pass them into another.

Jose Caballero wrote:

Hi there im having some issues using this tool since it only functions when its selected in order im trying to fill an array with the items and then pass them into another.

Hi jose,


I did not get your concern, could you please add an example?


Hi Palash,


Is there a config wherein selected values are put on top of the list aside from the n of n selected text?


Regards,

amfufutm amfufutm wrote:

Hi Palash,


Is there a config wherein selected values are put on top of the list aside from the n of n selected text?


Regards,

Hi Amfufutm,

I don't implement that functionality, But i believe that in combo box you can go further left and check what values are there, just like text filed.

This is the reason it shows n of n selected, so that you can click on the combo box and see what are the items are selected.

Regards,

palash


Hi,

I tried to use this component and the below are the result. Check box is missing and Combo Box style seems to be weird.

Please advise.


Cheers,

Yopi

John Magno wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use this component and the below are the result. Check box is missing and Combo Box style seems to be weird.

Please advise.


Cheers,

Yopi

Hi John,

Sorry to heard about it and for very late reply. Could you please provide me the sample oml file, so that i can have a look or you may provide me the details of version and template you are using, i try to reproduce it from my end.

Thanks,

Palash 


Palash Debnath wrote:

John Magno wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use this component and the below are the result. Check box is missing and Combo Box style seems to be weird.

Please advise.


Cheers,

Yopi

Hi John,

Sorry to heard about it and for very late reply. Could you please provide me the sample oml file, so that i can have a look or you may provide me the details of version and template you are using, i try to reproduce it from my end.

Thanks,

Palash 


Hi Palash,

No worries. Please find the attached oml.


John Magno wrote:

Palash Debnath wrote:

John Magno wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use this component and the below are the result. Check box is missing and Combo Box style seems to be weird.

Please advise.


Cheers,

Yopi

Hi John,

Sorry to heard about it and for very late reply. Could you please provide me the sample oml file, so that i can have a look or you may provide me the details of version and template you are using, i try to reproduce it from my end.

Thanks,

Palash 


Hi Palash,

No worries. Please find the attached oml.


Hi John,

I have uploaded a new version you may download it or update your reference. There was some issue with the in-built css theme you are using, but i modified the component to handle such cases.

Enjoy!!!

Regards,

Palash


Palash Debnath wrote:

John Magno wrote:

Palash Debnath wrote:

John Magno wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use this component and the below are the result. Check box is missing and Combo Box style seems to be weird.

Please advise.


Cheers,

Yopi

Hi John,

Sorry to heard about it and for very late reply. Could you please provide me the sample oml file, so that i can have a look or you may provide me the details of version and template you are using, i try to reproduce it from my end.

Thanks,

Palash 


Hi Palash,

No worries. Please find the attached oml.


Hi John,

I have uploaded a new version you may download it or update your reference. There was some issue with the in-built css theme you are using, but i modified the component to handle such cases.

Enjoy!!!

Regards,

Palash


Hi Palash,

Awesome, thanks for this! It works. :D


Cheers,

Yopi


João Tavares wrote:

Hi,

First of all congrats for the component. 

I would like to ask you how should work the multiple selection of elements from the list? Since, from what I checked, it is just saving the last Id picked. I thought that it would save to the variable all the Id's checked on the combo.  

Kind regards,


João Tavares


Hi Palash,


We have this error that when the component has a value which consist of parenthesis (e.g. CA08(2) ) which was selected and was refreshed through AJAX , there is a script error being thrown. Please see image below:



Best Regards,

Hi Palash, 

congrats for the component it looks amazing!!

I was just wondering, does it support the use of optgroups? If yes, where would i set them up?


Kind regards,
Cristina