Publish stops with complex public webblock

Publish stops with complex public webblock

Hi,

I'm working on the Java Stack ( OutSystems 10 latest version).

My eSpace contains a complex webblock (contains  9 others webblocks, in 3 layers, main weblock, layout webblock, subwebblocks). 

I can publish this eSpace if the webblock is private. If the webblock is public the publish is stuck before the first publish message is shown. It does not seem to be dependent on the webblocks itself but on the number of webblocks

Anybody any ideas?

Your help is appreciated.

Matthieu de Graaf

Hi Matthieu,

Apart from the unhelpful, but well-meant remark that you should really reconsider your screen design if you need so many layered Web Blocks, I'd advise you to contact OutSystems Support, as this seems a Platform problem.

Hi Matthieu,

Are you getting the infamous "65535 bytes limit" error during compilation... or something like that?

Hi Joao,

I don't get an error. I don't think it's this issue, because it publishes correctly when the webblock is private,

Matthieu

Hi Matthieu,

No error messages in Service Center?

Abilio Matos

Well, just for future reference, there are some limitations, that typically occur in scenarios like the one you described.

Justin James, an OutSystems MVP, wrote an article about it.

https://medium.com/@jmjames/solving-the-65535-byte-viewstate-limit-problem-in-outsystems-1e171d316057

Regards,

João Heleno

Hi Everybody,

Forgot to mention an essential part: It's a mobile Android application so the infamous "65535 bytes limit" error won't occur (not jsf, but a react/cordova application)

Sorry for this missing info.

Regards,

Matthieu

Solution

Hi All,

I've opened a support request with OutSystems and they were able to solve it/provide a workaround for it. There was a bug in the version of ServiceStudio I used. When a public block references a private local entity, publishing stops. The workaround is to make the local entities public. In the latest versions of ServiceStudio the compiler gives an error during publication and the issue won't occur anymore.

Regards,

Matthieu

Solution

Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.