[Android back button] Tutorial on how to use this Forge component

[Android back button] Tutorial on how to use this Forge component

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2017-09-05 by Miguel Vicente
4 votes
Published on 2017-09-05 by Miguel Vicente

I have downloaded and installed this dependency into my project, could you please write a simple tutorial on how to implement this Forge component please?

Hi Wei,

The description of this component has a short tutorial to do it, and there is a sample layout inside the module. Try to follow the steps below and let me know if you need more info.

Be able to define when and where you want to go with native android back button.

This component will provide you:

1. One block AndroidBackButton_Press that will be inside your layout.

2. You need to customize your layout(s) to have one input parameter: (Already done on this sample in Layout only)

- IsDefaultBackButton (boolean: true by default)

- Then you need to add an event OnAndroidBackButton not mandatory

- After that you need to create a client action to raise that event called ActionHandler_OnAndroidBackButton

3. Then in each page you define what you want to do adding an action to this event that we have provide in layout

Best Regards

Fabio Fantato

Fábio Fantato wrote:

Hi Wei,

The description of this component has a short tutorial to do it, and there is a sample layout inside the module. Try to follow the steps below and let me know if you need more info.

Be able to define when and where you want to go with native android back button.

This component will provide you:

2. You need to customize your layout(s) to have one input parameter: (Already done on this sample in Layout only)

- After that you need to create a client action to raise that event called ActionHandler_OnAndroidBackButton

3. Then in each page you define what you want to do adding an action to this event that we have provide in layout

Best Regards

Fabio Fantato

Sorry, but where is the short tutorial about this component you mentioned?

Only i installed this dependency i only have this...and i don't know what to do with it...i saw the eSpace for Android_back_button but i still have no idea how to use this...

Please help 

Hi Wei,

First thank you Fabio to try to help. To be honest I thought that the description with the sample inside the component it was enough to help to understand what this component does and how to apply it.

So as a first step and as Fabio has mention you have in this component all the information that you need inside details tab with this information:

"This component will provide you:

This application has CommonPlugin as dependency"

As a second step if you open the Android_back_button module you will see this information:

As you can see you have a block called "AndroidBackButton_Press" that is used inside layout and provide you an event when you click in Android back button. This is the one that you should use in your application and I mean make reference only for this block and not the rest. This is a Interface block not actions so is the reason that you don't see it. 

Please let me know if you need further information.

Kind Regards,

Miguel Vicente