I've had a look at OutSystems Platform SEO Friendly URLs and the two forum posts that I could find on this topic, but they don't help me. When we use SEO Friendly URLs to redirect a request, the platform redirects to the new URL using an HTTP 302 Moved Temporarily. This works fine for users, but Google penalises pages for using 302 redirects instead of 301 Moved Permanently redirects.

Please could someone provide some guidance in how we can redirect pages using a 301 header instead of 302?

Ross

Hi Ross,

In case of Outystems SEO Friendly URLs it makes sense to be a temporary redirect because the page wasnt move permanently. You have a on premises licence? If yes you can accomplish that in the traditional way. My experience is in IIS and this link can help you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Ross,

You can do from service center under SEO Tab.

Thanks,

Rajat

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

You have a on premises licence? If yes you can accomplish that in the traditional way. My experience is in IIS and this link can help you.

Thanks, Marcelo. We have both on-prem and cloud instances, but the problem I'm currently trying to solve is for the cloud instance.

Ross

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

You can do from service center under SEO Tab.

Thanks, Rajat. Please could you elaborate on how to do this? What setting should I be looking for on the SEO tab to change the redirect type?

Ross

Hi Ross,

For cloud instance your best chance is to contact Outsystems support.

Regards,

Marcelo