Custom Login For Mobile App

Custom Login For Mobile App

Hi All,

I'm a newbie in outsystems, now  I'm working on a mobile app which requires a user to login into app.  Currently, login is done using Outsystems admin credentials but I want the login process is to read the database. I have table called "Member" which is the record are username and password. So when the user click login ,the process is to check the Member Table "Is it the username and password correct" .
Is This Possible in OutSystems? If yes, please tell me about the step

Thank You

Hello Nurul,

By your question, it seems to me that you didn't finish the Mobile development online training.
Please, if this is the case, do the training, as you will learn how to properly do a Mobile app with OutSystems and most of your questions you may have now (or will have) will be answered there, as well as it will give you an understanding on how to do things the "OutSystems way".

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/12/developing-outsystems-mobile-apps/

Also, I have an article on how to properly ask for help here in the forum, that will help you getting faster (ans usefull) answers. 

OutSystems has a System entity called User that is used to store the users login and password, and the mobile app templates already have all the required logic to deal with it.

In the WEB training, there is a presentation that explains how to use the USERS app to include new users in the system, as well as how to do this programmatically (as this is done server side).

Hope this helps.

Chees.

Nurul Khotimah wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a newbie in outsystems, now  I'm working on a mobile app which requires a user to login into app.  Currently, login is done using Outsystems admin credentials but I want the login process is to read the database. I have table called "Member" which is the record are username and password. So when the user click login ,the process is to check the Member Table "Is it the username and password correct" .
Is This Possible in OutSystems? If yes, please tell me about the step

Thank You

Yes you can. But it still best using Outsystem "Users".

But if you still want to use your own table, you can. By replacing "Login" screen with your own screen, and on that screen the logic to your table.

The next thing is redirecting from splash screen to your Login.

Hope this help.