[Simple Currency Input] How to prevent user typing minus(-) on the currency input field

[Simple Currency Input] How to prevent user typing minus(-) on the currency input field

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 8 Aug (8 days ago) by César Santos
13 votes
Published on 8 Aug (8 days ago) by César Santos

The control currently allows multiple minus symbols to be typed. How do we prevent it? 

Please implement blur event and put restriction on '-'

Hi Babu,

I haven't used the component that you used. Using the Custom Masks forge component you can easily accomplish this by filling the Advanced Options with "{allowMinus: false}" (see image below). You can find more information about additional options in this link.

Regards,

Sam

Hello Babu,

You can try this component available on forge.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1002/restrictchars/

Regards,

Waseema.

Hi Babu Basha, JITENDRA SINGH YADAV,

I will try implement that, but meanwhile take in consideration the feedback gaved from Waseema regarding the restriction on '-'.

Thank all, for the feedback.

Regards,

César

Thanks Cesar...Waseema restrict character function use the same logic.it allow specific key code to work w.r.t to control using javascript.

JITENDRA SINGH YADAV wrote:

Thanks Cesar...Waseema restrict character function use the same logic.it allow specific key code to work w.r.t to control using javascript.

Jitendra,

Meanwhile you can already use the onblur event, just go to the extended properties of your textbox and do something like this:

Cesar..already implemented at my end ..thats why i am suggesting to use on blur event. 

JITENDRA SINGH YADAV wrote:

Cesar..already implemented at my end ..thats why i am suggesting to use on blur event. 

Great :), I had not interpreted like that.

Take a look in the last version 1.2.6.4 for the restriction and improvement on '-'.