Which is the best Practice to make a push notification

Which is the best Practice to make a push notification

Hello Everyone,

I'm new in programming and also in mobile developing, and i need you guys help..

Currently i'm making an application, and now i'm currently want to make a Push Notification for the apps.

My friend told me to use MQTT for push notification but he also mentioned about One Signal..

So as the title said, which one is the good one?

Thanks.

Solution

Hi Adrian,

MQTT is a messaging system for IoT devices, so unless you're into that, forget it. OneSignal and Pushwoosh are currently popular notification services, so you could check that out.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Adrian,

MQTT is a messaging system for IoT devices, so unless you're into that, forget it. OneSignal and Pushwoosh are currently popular notification services, so you could check that out.

I see... 

So if i only want to make a push notification about things inside the application just use OneSignal for it right?

Hi Adrian,

I'm not sure what you mean by "for things inside the application". Afaik with OneSignal (and Pushwoosh) you can both send a notification to a device from the server, as well as from the app itself. Note however that OutSystems Mobile Apps aren't typically "always on", so typically the former strategy is used.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Adrian,

I'm not sure what you mean by "for things inside the application". Afaik with OneSignal (and Pushwoosh) you can both send a notification to a device from the server, as well as from the app itself. Note however that OutSystems Mobile Apps aren't typically "always on", so typically the former strategy is used.

Okay Kilian,

Thanks for helping!

I'm gonna use OneSignal, cause i did learn about it more than Pushwoosh.

You're welcome. And good choice, iirc the free plan of OneSignal is also better than Pushwoosh.

Hi, after reading the OneSignal documentation, can I ask whether it is feasible to directly use firebase for both iOS and Android? what may the issues be in doing so? thank you!