Errors trying to import SyncFusion Community into Integration Studio

Errors trying to import SyncFusion Community into Integration Studio

Hi - I would really like to use the controls in the SyncFusion community edition in Outsystems. I think there are two ways I could do this. 

1. Import the javascript files as resources in a new extension

2. Import .NET assemblies from sync fusion into Integration Studio.

I would prefer to do 2 as this gives me better access to the functions available. However I am having a lot of problems. I am trying to create separate extensions for the various controls e.g. 1 for the scheduler, but when I try compiling in integration studio I get a syncfusion namespace error. I also tried to import syncfusion.ej.dll (which I think might contain the namespace) but I get another error complaining about newtonsoft.json - See attached file. I cannot seem to get version 6.0.0.0 of newtonsoft anywhere, and if I try and click "Load" (See attached image), integration studio freezes and I have to kill it.

Any help with this will be incredibly well received.

Andy.

Solution

Are you trying to use integration studio to create an extension for UI controls? If so, that will not work as extensions are server side code and not meant for UI controls.

Solution

Hi Andrew,

(Note: read Stacey reply above)

Regarding the error itself (and not the actual use case) can you tell me what version of Integration Studio you are using and where can I download the dll's that you are trying to import?

It's not the first report that I've seen of missing libraries on import, but was never able to replicate the problem.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi Joao,

I'm using Integration Studio 10.0.823.0 and I am downloading the DLL's from the community edition of Syncfusion at https://www.syncfusion.com/ you have to sign up for a community license if you wish to download the controls. I am using the controls from the ASP.NET collection and ASP.NET Core collection. I've read Stacey's comment, and I think I may be going the wrong way about it.

I have also downloaded the Javascript collection for Syncfusion. What I'm ideally trying to do is be able to drop say a Schedule control onto an Outsystems Webscreen and then be able to call functions that allow manipulation of said control. I think I understand that I may need to create a html block in a web screen such as <div id="myschedule" class="appointmentarea"></div> and then use the actions/javascript/jQuery to manipulate the schedule control. 

To be honest I'm not 100% sure on how I should do this and just need some guidance on what is possible. I really like the look and feel of the controls and would love to try using them in my Outsystems project.

Many thanks, 

Andy Tucker.

Stacey Levine wrote:

Are you trying to use integration studio to create an extension for UI controls? If so, that will not work as extensions are server side code and not meant for UI controls.

I am now doing this correctly! I have successfully used the relevant sync fusion color picker control in a webblock with correct css and javascript being used and it looks great! I just need to create a set of web blocks for each control and send parameters in for id etc...

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Andy Tucker.