[Amazon DynamoDB Connector] Usage Examples

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2018-12-07 by Guilherme Pereira
4 votes
Published on 2018-12-07 by Guilherme Pereira

Are there any examples of how to use this and the other AWS components?  

Hi Tim,

There are no examples available as that would require working aws accounts (whitch I only have for professional reasons). The components themselves are pretty straight forward and map the methods of rhe Amazon Sdk for .net v3.

If you have any speific questions you can use the forums and I’ll try to assist the best I can.

Cheers,

Guilheme

Guilherme Pereira wrote:  

Hi Tim,

There are no examples available as that would require working aws accounts (whitch I only have for professional reasons). The components themselves are pretty straight forward and map the methods of rhe Amazon Sdk for .net v3.

If you have any speific questions you can use the forums and I’ll try to assist the best I can.

Cheers,

Guilheme

I've created a sample screen action to get familiar with the DynamoDB component. The component was easy to use. However, I'm experiencing an error with the 'login' server action. It's indicating 'Invalid region' when using 'us-east-1' as the AWSRegion.  Is there a way to find out what the true error is?

Here is a snapshot of what I'm seeing: 

Hi Tim,

North Virginia is the default region that is defined in the SiteProperty of the wrapper so you can leave it with the default:

In any case if you do need to change it then the text should match the RegionEnpoint class on the SDK:

Cheers,

Guilherme

I get the following error, 

When trying to create a table.

I have I have specified is the table name and the credentials.

I see in the AWS console it expects additional parameters, 

that is, a primary key .... and optionally a sort key.

Is there perhaps something I am missing ? 

Hi Johann,

You're not missing anything. The method is incomplete. To be honest it shouldn't even be there as it was never used.

But now that it is I'll include the missing input parameters and I'll publish a new version today or tomorrow with this fixed.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Johann,

I've published a new version of the component as under development. I did a couple of tests and seems to be working.

Can you try it and let me know if it works for you?

Cheers,

Guilherme