Invalid Compiler Output - it occurred after server upgrade
Question

Hi guys,

I experienced this error below right after the server was upgraded.

Exception Details:
 [1] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.WebWidgets.WebBlockInstance.get_HasNotifyHandler()
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.WebWidgets.AbstractWebBlockInstance.NeedsExtraLinkToStateReevaluation(Boolean insideWebWidget)
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Optimizer.OptimizerGraphs.ServerScreenRenderingGraph..ctor(IServerScreenFlowNode serverScreen)
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Optimizer.OptimizerGraphs.ServerScreenFlowGraph..ctor(IServerScreenFlowNode screen)
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Optimizer.ViewState.NodeViewState..ctor(IServerScreenFlowNode screen)
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Interfaces.ServerScreenFlowNodeUtils.DefaultOptimize(IServerScreenFlowNode screenFlowNode, NodeViewState& viewState)
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Flows.WebFlow.Optimize()
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.WebFlows.WebHandler.Dump(IEnumerable`1 webFlows)
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompile(CompilationContext context)
 at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(CompilationContext context)

Platform Server version is now: 10.0.828.0

Do you have any idea on which widget I need to check?
I have checked the breaking changes however, I can't seem to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks,
John

I haven't done any upgrades but my wild guess base on stacktrace is that there's a web block that has On Notify event but Destination was not set? 

Another,

John

Champion

John Alvin Salamat wrote:

I haven't done any upgrades but my wild guess base on stacktrace is that there's a web block that has On Notify event but Destination was not set? 

Another,

John

Hi John,
Thank you for your response, will check it out though and revert accordingly. 

Champion

John Alvin Salamat wrote:

Another,

John

Hi John,

I think it's not it because if it's the Destination for a web block with On Notify, then it should have raised an error which would prohibit me from performing the 1-click publish.

Will continue to look though as I have already checked the web blocks.

Cheers,
John Guiller

Hi JohnGB.

I do not know if you have already discovered the cause of this error, you may have discovered it because you have already spent several years, but if you do not have it here, my solution will go, and maybe I can help someone else.

I tried to use a generic List type input parameter in my server action, and it caused the error "Invalid compiler output. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Cheers

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.