Multiple CheckBoxes

Multiple CheckBoxes

Hi All,

I have a list of "x" static entity records (Around 20) which is linked to the main entity, I need to select some of them and save the selected records in my DB.

Below is the example for your reference.

Regards,

Hi Vinod,

Why do you need a static entity for this? Aren't boolean attributes a better choice?

Hello Vinod

Did you finish the online training?

If not, I recommend. 

If yes, what exactly is your question? I mean, You are trying to do something and found a problem, ok. what is the problem exactly? 

Cheers

Hi Vinod,

In the preparation of the form, create an aggregate of the static entity and add an extra boolean-column: IsSelected. Make this aggregate the sourcerecordlist of the Listrecords in which you present the checkboxes and the options. Now when the user presses the Send button, itterate through this Listrecords and when selected, save a record in the Linked-Table with the appropriate values (main-entity-static-entity).

Hopes this helps.

Joost

Hi All,

I tried adding multiple check-boxes in the screen, but it triggered me an error. Below are the snaps for your reference.

Please let me know do we have any other alternative way to add multiple check-boxes fix this issue. 

Attached is the oml file which contains data model.

Screen Snap:

Error Snap:

Solution Required: If the user selects any of the options the value need to be saved in “Account Sector Description” entity.

Regards,

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

In attachment an example of what you need to do. In the aggregate where I get the SectorDescriptions I added a new field that I assign to the checkbox.

If you have any doubt let me know.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Vinod,

In attachment an example of what you need to do. In the aggregate where I get the SectorDescriptions I added a new field that I assign to the checkbox.

If you have any doubt let me know.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

You can get the sector description from "Sector Description" Static entity.

In the below diagram.

Sectors are : Infrastructure, Energy, Power, Mining

Each Sector Descriptions are linked with the specific Sector.

Regards,

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Did you look into the changes I did to your code and attached on the last post?

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Vinod,

Did you look into the changes I did to your code and attached on the last post?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I tested the screens which you have built and it also saved the record into "Account Sector Description". but when i again select any of the sector form combobox the before selected value need to be check marked.

For Example: If i select Mining from Combo Box and check Gold than hit "Ok". It should store the check box value as a Boolean , so that when i again navigate to Mining, the Gold will be check marked.

How about we storing the checked value in the value column.

Regards,

Vinod

Solution

Hi Vinod,

To have that effect you just need to give the new attribute of the aggregate a formula that accomplish that. You can check how in attachment.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Vinod,

To have that effect you just need to give the new attribute of the aggregate a formula that accomplish that. You can check how in attachment.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I tried with the OML file that you have attached, but still all the check boxes are Un Selected.

Regards,

Vinod

Vinod Kumar R wrote:

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Vinod,

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I tried with the OML file that you have attached, but still all the check boxes are Un Selected.

Regards,

Vinod

Hi Marcelo,

I figured the issue. Its work as expected.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Vinod

Vinod Kumar R wrote:

Vinod Kumar R wrote:

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Vinod,

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Regards,

Vinod

Hi Marcelo,

I figured the issue. Its work as expected.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Vinod

Hi Marcelo,

When we select the same sector description and click save. Its creating a new row, instead of updating.

Can you please look into it. Attached is the OML file.

Regards,

Vinod