Views
Comments
Solved
Multiple CheckBoxes
Question

Hi All,

I have a list of "x" static entity records (Around 20) which is linked to the main entity, I need to select some of them and save the selected records in my DB.

Below is the example for your reference.

Regards,

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Vinod,

To have that effect you just need to give the new attribute of the aggregate a formula that accomplish that. You can check how in attachment.

Regards,

Marcelo

MultipleCheckBox.oml

Hi Vinod,

Why do you need a static entity for this? Aren't boolean attributes a better choice?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Vinod

Did you finish the online training?

If not, I recommend. 

If yes, what exactly is your question? I mean, You are trying to do something and found a problem, ok. what is the problem exactly? 

Cheers

Hi Vinod,

In the preparation of the form, create an aggregate of the static entity and add an extra boolean-column: IsSelected. Make this aggregate the sourcerecordlist of the Listrecords in which you present the checkboxes and the options. Now when the user presses the Send button, itterate through this Listrecords and when selected, save a record in the Linked-Table with the appropriate values (main-entity-static-entity).

Hopes this helps.

Joost

Hi All,

I tried adding multiple check-boxes in the screen, but it triggered me an error. Below are the snaps for your reference.

Please let me know do we have any other alternative way to add multiple check-boxes fix this issue. 

Attached is the oml file which contains data model.

Screen Snap:

Error Snap:

Solution Required: If the user selects any of the options the value need to be saved in “Account Sector Description” entity.

Regards,

Vinod

MultipleCheckBox Data Model.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Vinod,

In attachment an example of what you need to do. In the aggregate where I get the SectorDescriptions I added a new field that I assign to the checkbox.

If you have any doubt let me know.

Regards,

Marcelo

MultipleCheckBox Data Model.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Vinod,

Did you look into the changes I did to your code and attached on the last post?

Regards,

Marcelo

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Vinod,

To have that effect you just need to give the new attribute of the aggregate a formula that accomplish that. You can check how in attachment.

Regards,

Marcelo

MultipleCheckBox.oml