Number of concurrent logins and how outsystem handles if it reaches the limit

Number of concurrent logins and how outsystem handles if it reaches the limit

Hi, whats the number of concurrent logins and how outsystems handles if it reaches the limit?

Hey Rian,

Outsystems supports only one active login session.

So if you try to login with the same id in any other device,

The previous session will be signed out.

This is applicable for mobile application and not for web

Thanks,

Keerthi

Keerthi Vasan wrote:

Hey Rian,

This is applicable for both web and mobile.

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hi Keerthi, 

Sorry, I mean for multiple users that simultaneously accessing the app.

In that case, you don't need to worry about concurrent login. Outsystem will handle those sessions.

Consider you have only 100 user limit, then during registration itself, you can't able to create 101th user.

so you will have only 100 users who can log in simultaneously in different devices 

Solution

Hi Guys,

In fact, you have two different user limits.

Total of Users and Concurrent Users. Both of them are related to your license. 

Using a example, let's say we have a pack of 1000 total users and 100 concurrency users.

Total Users

In this case, the User entity can have only 1000 active users records. If you reach the limit, you will no be able to do create users or active one unless you deactivate them. 

Concurrency users are the number of users logged into your applications at the same time. This number depends on two factors:

• License. See Licensing tab in Administration of Service Center to check it. If you have 100 users logged. When your 101 users try to log it will throw an exception and only when 1 users to log out, this user will be able to log successfully.
  • Physical hardware. Each user logged consumes processor and memory on your server. So, even if you have a large limit of concurrency users you should increase the number of front ends or the size of your machine if you need several users simultaneous logged. 

A personal environment has an unlimited quantity of total users and concurrency, but in practice, if you have more than 100 simultaneous you will have a performance degradation.   

Regards

Fabio

Solution

Keerthi Vasan wrote:

Hey Rian,

Thanks,

Keerthi

Just to point that this is not correct Keerthi.

The same user can be logged in multiple devices and even in the same device, in multiple browsers, for example.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Keerthi Vasan wrote:

Hey Rian,

Thanks,

Keerthi

Just to point that this is not correct Keerthi.

The same user can be logged in multiple devices and even in the same device, in multiple browsers, for example.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

I faced that issue so only I made that statement,

I have my application in 2 devices.

I am logged in my first device,

with the same username and password,

I logged to my 2nd device.

then I tried opening my app in the 1st device again.

I can able to view the home screen, but when I try to do any action or navigating to some other screen, I got automatically logged out in my first device, this occurs because I have logged in my 2nd device.

Please try this from your side.

Hi Keerthi,

I can't test in mobile now, but in web I can open an application with the same user in different browsers (and devices) without problem. OutSystems does not have any mechanism (afaik) to guarantee that you are logged in a single session (you would have to implement it yourself).

And afaik, the login in mobile is done in server side, with the same engine as web, so, I don't see how it could be different (while, in theory, it could, but I don't think it is)...

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Keerthi,

I can't test in mobile now, but in web I can open an application with the same user in different browsers (and devices) without problem. OutSystems does not have any mechanism (afaik) to guarantee that you are logged in a single session (you would have to implement it yourself).

And afaik, the login in mobile is done in server side, with the same engine as web, so, I don't see how it could be different (while, in theory, it could, but I don't think it is)...

Cheers

I am stating that for mobile application only, there is no issue in web application

Keerthi Vasan wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Keerthi,

Cheers

I am stating that for mobile application only, there is no issue in web application

In your first statement, you stated: "This is applicable for both web and mobile."

I confess that for mobile, I never tried to login from two different devices at the same time, but consider the following:

You have a mobile app that can handle offline context.

You get to your application in the first device and you make login.  
Than you shutdown the network.
In the device, you're still logged in.

Than you log in the second device. I'm pretty sure you will be able to use the application in both devices.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Keerthi Vasan wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Keerthi,

Cheers

In your first statement, you stated: "This is applicable for both web and mobile."

I confess that for mobile, I never tried to login from two different devices at the same time, but consider the following:

You have a mobile app that can handle offline context.

You get to your application in the first device and you make login.  
Than you shutdown the network.
In the device, you're still logged in.

Than you log in the second device. I'm pretty sure you will be able to use the application in both devices.

Cheers.

Fine thanks, that's my mistake. : (

yeah in offline there will be no issue for active sessions.