[File Upload] Problem in multi server environment

[File Upload] Problem in multi server environment

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 5 Sep by Carlos Alfaro
17 votes
Published on 5 Sep by Carlos Alfaro

Hi,

After some tests in a multi server environment, this plugin seams not to work correctly.

Do you have any suggestion how to fix it?

Thanks,

Renato

Solution

Hello Renato,

Recently we had that same problem, your flow is correct. 

Our approach was to change to the multiple file upload plugin, which already has this situation solved, we already test it, in a multiple Front-end server scenario.

I noticed that we can configure plugin: 

• chunk size - by making it bigger you can guarantee that it will be sent to server 1, although if the file gets bigger than the chunk you might face the situation above.
  • Send HandlerURL: define your endpoint (REST for example), and make all the logic by your self. Concatenate binary files and so on.

Disclaimer: I never really implemented these approaches, we picked the Multiple file upload

Regards,

Solution

Hi Davide,

We did the same :-).

Probably this plugin should have this limitation in a disclaimer.

Thanks,

Renato

Davide Periquito wrote:

Hello Renato,

Recently we had that same problem, your flow is correct. 

Our approach was to change to the multiple file upload plugin, which already has this situation solved, we already test it, in a multiple Front-end server scenario.

I noticed that we can configure plugin: 

• chunk size - by making it bigger you can guarantee that it will be sent to server 1, although if the file gets bigger than the chunk you might face the situation above.
  • Send HandlerURL: define your endpoint (REST for example), and make all the logic by your self. Concatenate binary files and so on.

Disclaimer: I never really implemented these approaches, we picked the Multiple file upload

Regards,