[Bootstrap 4] Use Case

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 28 Aug by Nelson Rodrigues
6 votes
Published on 28 Aug by Nelson Rodrigues

Hi Team,

I have few queries in using bootstrap.

1- Can we use silk UI framework along with Bootstrap Framework.

As much I know silk media queries work in server side but in case of bootstrap, it's media queries work in client-side.

2-how to create the dynamic menu with bootstrap just like outsystems does(using entities to make the link active). 

3-can we use bootstrap in all template available in silk or we only use bootstrap in default London theme.

Regards,

PP

Pankaj pant wrote:

Hi Team,

As much I know silk media queries work in server side but in case of bootstrap, it's media queries work in client-side.

2-how to create the dynamic menu with bootstrap just like outsystems does(using entities to make the link active). 

3-can we use bootstrap in all template available in silk or we only use bootstrap in default London theme.

Regards,

PP

Hi Pankaj,

I believe you can use Silk and Bootstrap at the same time, but you need to keep in mind that Silk UI and Bootstrap are two different frameworks. If you want to use both, you need to keep 2 different styles on the platform.

You will not be able to use scaffolding from the platform, since it works with the some classes and built-in widgets from the platform.

Hope this helps. Cheers! 

Alexandre Santos wrote:

Pankaj pant wrote:

Hi Team,

Regards,

PP

Hi Pankaj,

I believe you can use Silk and Bootstrap at the same time, but you need to keep in mind that Silk UI and Bootstrap are two different frameworks. If you want to use both, you need to keep 2 different styles on the platform.

You will not be able to use scaffolding from the platform, since it works with the some classes and built-in widgets from the platform.

Hope this helps. Cheers! 

Yes PankajP You can use bottostrap or any  UI framework with silk UI just need to override the classes of silk UI.You can keep both but oveeride the silk only you are changing the styles.

Hope this Helps !