[File Upload] How to use this "file upload" function

[File Upload] How to use this "file upload" function

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 5 Sep by Carlos Alfaro
17 votes
Published on 5 Sep by Carlos Alfaro

Hi, I would like to know how to use this "file upload" function. There is nothing happen when I drag and drop the "FileUpload" logic in the page. I have no experience on download and use Forge before. Please help, thanks

Hi test,

Please drag and drop file upload widget and one button if you want to save this document into database.

In Button Action, You can write code to insert/update documents in database using entity action.

Thanks,

Above mentioned functionality belongs to outsystems file upload control.

Hello,

Inside the FileUpload module, there is the TestFileUpload screen with examples of how to use this module.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

CA

test ac wrote:

Hi, I would like to know how to use this "file upload" function. There is nothing happen when I drag and drop the "FileUpload" logic in the page. I have no experience on download and use Forge before. Please help, thanks

Hello test ac,

its simple you can upload the file using do the following,

1) Use "Upload" widget, and drag into the canvas, 

2) Drag button or link and choose the method to "Submit"

3) Choose Destination with Screen Action

4) In Screen Action use Upload widget properties, like Filename name of the file, Type file content type, Content binary data of the file.

5) To store use the Filename(which includes the extension by default) as name of the file, and Content as file content.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Balu