'Find usage' CSS

'Find usage' CSS

Hi everyone,

Pretty new with Outsystems and I'm currently trying to clean out all the bloated CSS in my spreadsheet.

Sometimes when I am looking at the usages of certain CSS classes, I can't even click on "find usages" because it's faded out. Is there any particular reason for this?

I want to delete them but I'm not sure if they are overriding something.

Ala

There are 4 sections in Theme Style Sheet:

1- Screen - Only for that Screen & Editable

2- Project CSS - Common for overall Project & Editable

3- PhoneTheme - ReadOnly

4- BaseTheme - ReadOnly

You might be trying to search or Edit the ReadOnly CSS, which is not allowed.

If you want, you can copy the required CSS rule in local i.e in 1 or 2 section.

Cheers

Solution

Hi,

Cleaning up css it's the hardest thing to do.

Because you can have your themes, pages, webblocks, inline styling and javascript possible.

What is the issue exactly?

If you want to have a fast-loading "landing-page" I suggest to create a specific bare-boned css for that cause exactly and have all the other pages uses the normal way of CSS.

And the rude approach is to simply strip everything and put stuff back when needed :)

Solution

Hi Ala

You dont need to delete the CSS, the fade once are base theme you are not suppose to edit them directly, those provides the base styles, and responsiveness to the module.

If you want to override one of those style you can copy the styles and put in project level theme, and change those styles will take effect in module.

Thanks

Balu

J. wrote:

Hi,

Cleaning up css it's the hardest thing to do.

Because you can have your themes, pages, webblocks, inline styling and javascript possible.

What is the issue exactly?

If you want to have a fast-loading "landing-page" I suggest to create a specific bare-boned css for that cause exactly and have all the other pages uses the normal way of CSS.

And the rude approach is to simply strip everything and put stuff back when needed :)

My main issue is that the CSS of my project folder is bloated and I want it to be all nice and clean, so I was hoping to get rid of some classes by looking at their usage in the app.

I'm tempted to do the rude approach but I've spent too much time cleaning CSS and my sanity needs some rest.