[Password Manager] Open to ideas for improvements

[Password Manager] Open to ideas for improvements

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 8 Sep by João Melo
7 votes
Published on 8 Sep by João Melo

Hi guys,

I assumed this application, so from now on I'll be taking care of it.

I just uploaded a new 2.0 version to Forge, updated to P10 and fixed some bugs. I'll be working on other enhancements in a near future.

Now I wanna hear from community. What do you think this App needs to be a nice template for passwords management?

Cheers.

Hi João,

As first improvement would be nice to have a complete description of the application functionalities.

As a feature, would be nice to like have a link the password's site.

Cheers!

Hi Marco, thanks for your suggestions.

Could you elaborate a bit more about the second one, the feature?

Hi João,

As a user, I would like to to have a field (optional) where I can associate a link, so that I can associate my password account to the online resource.

The goal would be to reach faster the online resource where I use the password. What do you think about it?

Regards,

Hi Marco, what do you mean by online resource? Can you provide a couple of examples of use cases?

Hi João,

As example, I want to login to Jira and I go to my password manager. There I can see my username, password, and a link to Jira. I can click the link and a new page is open.

Regards,

Hi João,

It's really good component, I have just downloaded. I think, You should add Try Now url so that user can experience it before downloading it actually.

Sachin 

Oh! Ok, now I see what you mean.

However, this component is not intended to manage/store personal passwords. It is, actually, a demonstration of how you, as a security admin on you company, can manage the passwords of your application's users. With features like Change password, Block user, Check password strength, etc.

It is also a centralized repository of security rules, helping you, as a developer, to create specific rules that apply to your users passwords. For example, you can determine that a password needs to have an upper case digit, a lower case digit, and a number, at least, to be considered safe/strong.

The component also includes a webblock if you want to enable your end users to change their own passwords according to your company password policies.

Well, it seems to me that the first thing here is to enhance component description.

Thank you for that! ;)

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi João,

As example, I want to login to Jira and I go to my password manager. There I can see my username, password, and a link to Jira. I can click the link and a new page is open.

Regards,

Hi Sachin,

Unfortunately it is not possible to have a Try Now app, because the application allows users to change the environment's users password. That would be a security breach and could jeopardize my own Personal Environment. ;)

Sachin Mahawar wrote:

Hi João,

It's really good component, I have just downloaded. I think, You should add Try Now url so that user can experience it before downloading it actually.

Sachin 

João Melo wrote:

Oh! Ok, now I see what you mean.

However, this component is not intended to manage/store personal passwords. It is, actually, a demonstration of how you, as a security admin on you company, can manage the passwords of your application's users. With features like Change password, Block user, Check password strength, etc.

It is also a centralized repository of security rules, helping you, as a developer, to create specific rules that apply to your users passwords. For example, you can determine that a password needs to have an upper case digit, a lower case digit, and a number, at least, to be considered safe/strong.

The component also includes a webblock if you want to enable your end users to change their own passwords according to your company password policies.

Well, it seems to me that the first thing here is to enhance component description.

Thank you for that! ;)

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi João,

Regards,

Hi João,

Thanks for the clarification, maybe could be an idea for another app, and hold more use cases like that :)

Cheers!