Can someone explain step by step how to use HighCharts API

Can someone explain step by step how to use HighCharts API

I have the https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/ but then how do I translate that syntax into inputs in the OutSystems HighchartsJSON field, for example if I want to add 2 components subtitle (with a text = "My beautiful chart") and credits (highcharts.com with a link to their site) how does that work?

I can understand how to use the actions provided that meet some of the components in the Highcharts JSON API (xAxis Format, yAxisFormat, DataPoint Format, DataSeries Format etc) but not all of them seem to have an OutSystem action. 

Is there a charts masterclass anywhere I can look into? Thanks.

Hi André,

Outsystems Charts use Highcharts to generate the charts, and you have all information here

I thinks this help you, and if you have a extra question, of course, you can question us :)

Solution

Hi André,

The HighchartsJSON field should be filled with any JSON you could add to a chart. Just some examples:

"chart:{zoomType:'x',pinchType:'x',panning:true, panKey:'ctrl'},tooltip:{followTouchMove:false}"
"legend:{rtl:true, reversed:true}"
"title:{text:'my title'}"

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi André,

The HighchartsJSON field should be filled with any JSON you could add to a chart. Just some examples:

"chart:{zoomType:'x',pinchType:'x',panning:true, panKey:'ctrl'},tooltip:{followTouchMove:false}"
"legend:{rtl:true, reversed:true}"
"title:{text:'my title'}"

They should have these as example in the API documentation. Thanks, Kilian.
It was the use of the comma and  ' vs " that is what I needed to figure out because that differs in the JSON syntax vs expression editor in OS.

Hi André,

I agree the documentation could use some more examples. Glad I could be of help though :). Happy coding!