HTMLTOPDF: Could Not Find the File

HTMLTOPDF: Could Not Find the File

Hi Guys,

I recently installed a New Environment and set-up HTMLTOPDFCONVERTER and currently encountering this issue. I am not sure if there are settings that I missed.

Any Help/inputs appreciated.

WINDOWS SERVER

Below are the things that I did.

• Download and Publish HTMLTOPDFConverter from Forge
  • Download the wkhtmltopdf (Bleeding Edge Version) and installed in the App Server. File Name of the installer is wkhtmltox-0.13.0-alpha-7b36694_mingw-w64-cross-win64.exe

• Access the HTML to PDF Administration Page. And Upload the PDF Generator and Image Generator file from the Installed wkhtmltopdf installed directory. I also change the default binary directories since there is no Drive D on the App Server.
  • This is the Sample Page and URL that will be converted to pdf
  • When I click the Download And Print Button or Test the URL in the HTMLTOPDF Administration Page below is the error.
Solution

Hi Michael,

I struggled with this recently, and in my case the problem was related with folder permissions. The user generating the PDF must have permission to access and write:

• To the working directory;
  • To c:\Windows\Temp

I just granted permissions to the Application Pool where my application was configured, but see how it works for you. Be sure to check the threads at the component discussion that may also have some interesting information for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Solution

Ricardo Dias wrote:

Hi Michael,

I struggled with this recently, and in my case the problem was related with folder permissions. The user generating the PDF must have permission to access and write:

• To the working directory;
  • To c:\Windows\Temp

I just granted permissions to the Application Pool where my application was configured, but see how it works for you. Be sure to check the threads at the component discussion that may also have some interesting information for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ricardo,

Follow-up question.

What working directory are you referring to?

May i ask what do you mean by user generating the pdf? 

Is it the user login to the application? 

Or any other user?

Hi Michael,

I'm referring to the folder where the binaries are loaded:

And about the user, I mean the network user in runtime (e.g. the one you're logged in your machine), it must have permissions to C:\Windows\Temp in the server. That was the issue in our case.

Cheers

Ricardo Dias wrote:

Hi Michael,

And about the user, I mean the network user in runtime (e.g. the one you're logged in your machine), it must have permissions to C:\Windows\Temp in the server. That was the issue in our case.

Cheers

Network User in Runtime - is the the osruntime user that you input in the configuration tool during initial setup? 

Michael Chu wrote:

Ricardo Dias wrote:

Hi Michael,

Cheers

Network User in Runtime - is the the osruntime user that you input in the configuration tool during initial setup? 

No, that's the database User. You have some credentials that log you to your network, right? Your username and password. That's the user I'm talking about :)

Ricardo Dias wrote:

Michael Chu wrote:

Ricardo Dias wrote:

Hi Michael,

Cheers

No, that's the database User. You have some credentials that log you to your network, right? Your username and password. That's the user I'm talking about :)

Thank you for your help. Download pdf is working now