How to use Long polling REST API in outsystems?

How to use Long polling REST API in outsystems?

I am using Long Polling REST API in my application. When I tested the REST API in Postman, it works perfectly i.e it waits for response indefinitely. But when I use this API in Outsystems, after 100 seconds (default time out in Outsytems), I am getting exception error as "The operation has timed out".

I want that REST API to wait for response in Outsystems indefinitely. How to do that?

Have anyone used Long Polling REST API in Outsystems? Please help!

Regards,

Anantha

This is already being discussed in the post below... Are you colleagues at Techmahindra?

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/39585/scheduler-error-in-timer/

Ananth wrote:

I want that REST API to wait for response in Outsystems indefinitely. How to do that?

There is quite a lot wrong with what you say here. For one, a REST API that takes so much time to do things is a bad service. REST APIs are meant to quickly deliver, if they can't they're broken. Secondly, you don't want to have stuff "waiting indefinitely". Apart from the fact you simply can't - you can't have a TCP connection open indefintely, so it's a technical impossibility, but apart from that, timers run a finite amount of time, and rightly so, you don't want to clog up your servers with indefinitely hanging connections.

So, not only can't you do that, but you really, really, really shouldn't want that!