Input parameter is not visible in Preparation

Input parameter is not visible in Preparation

I have a case when the input parameter is not visible in web screen preparation. Where may be my mistake?

Hello Stepan,

What do you mean by "not visible in web screen preparation"?

Where is this input being defined? In the page or in a Screen Action (in the last case, it will not be available in the preparation).

What is the name of the input parameter?
What is the data type?
Where/how are you trying to use it?

Cheers.

So I have TenantName as an input parameter (data type is text). Within the preparation, I need IF with condition TenantName <> NullTextIdentifier() , but TenantName is not visible and I cannot use it.

I noticed, that TenantName is not visible just in IF. After IF I assigned TenantName = TenName (local variable) and it works. But until now I don't understand why it's not visible in IF.

This?

Eduardo Jauch wrote: Yes, but in my case, in IF condition terminal I cannot see the parameter.

This?

Can you take a screenshot like I did so we can take a look?

Also, do you have any other thing with the same name? An aggregate, an SQL, something else?

Cheers

Hi Stepan,

Can you confirm that your If as both an arrow leading to it and an arrow leaving it (like on Eduardo's screenshot above)?

Could simply be that your If isn't really part of the flow and as such isn't able to access the context of execution (there should also be an error on the TrueChange tab mentioning something like this)

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Stepan,

Can you confirm that your If as both an arrow leading to it and an arrow leaving it (like on Eduardo's screenshot above)?

Could simply be that your If isn't really part of the flow and as such isn't able to access the context of execution (there should also be an error on the TrueChange tab mentioning something like this)

Hi Jorge,

I did this test myself before. But at least in my SS version (previous to the last), the local variables (input parameter) are still available even if the IF is completely disconnected... 

Cheers.