[App Feedback to JIRA] When an issue is synced to Jira there is the error "Component/s is required."

[App Feedback to JIRA] When an issue is synced to Jira there is the error "Component/s is required."

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 28 Sep by Johan den Ouden
4 votes
Published on 28 Sep by Johan den Ouden

Hi,

For a customer I want to use this application but there is a problem.

When an issue is synced to Jira there is the error "Component/s is required." but in the AppFeedbackToJIRA application there is no code for selecting a component.
Has this been changed in Jira or something?

Kind regards,

Johan

I have found the problem. In JIRA the component name is mandatory (at least in the configuration of our customer). 

I have changed the code so a component name can be given. If a component name is given in this is added to the issuetype and now everything works.

I have asked to join to team. If they let me in I will can upload the new version of this application so others can use it.

Hi Johan!

I believe some customers may have different configurations. I don't know exactly if there's a default configuration, but the component should be based on that configuration, but be extensible for other configurations.

I've approved you to join the team. Welcome :)

Solution

leonardo.fernandes wrote:

Hi Johan!

I believe some customers may have different configurations. I don't know exactly if there's a default configuration, but the component should be based on that configuration, but be extensible for other configurations.

I've approved you to join the team. Welcome :)

Hi Leonardo,

I have uploaded the new version where a component name can be set in the configuration.
This field is optional.

Thanks for adding me to the team!

Solution