Performance Suggestions

Performance Suggestions

Hi All,

I thought that would be nice that people that already faced performances issues could share tips and tricks of how they keep the good performance on their applications.

This came in mind because I'm facing some performance problems in my current web project when we do load tests and we ramp till 300 concurrent users. The avg response time reaches the 10 seconds. We have load balance with 2 web servers. If anyone has any suggestions to a problem like this would also be nice to get suggestions.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

One way I'm using a lot lately is to reduce the consumption of server actions and save all the required information in the local database. This reduces server usage and improves the user experience.

And depending on the business rule and the time for moves and updates on users' data and information, I perform synchronization only once a day.

Eduardo

Eduardo, thanks for the tips but Marcelo was asking for the Web component of the Platform :)

Marcelo, this should be a very good starting point.

Cheers!

Hi Armando,

Yes that's a good starting point. But let's say you follow all that and still have problems performance wise. And you want to look for the problem. At least for me lifetime analytics don't look enough and beside for some reason when we use systems to make multiple concurrent calls nothing is registered there. I understand that the client time isn't there but the server should be.

You have any tips about this kind of tests and how to understand where is the problem?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hello Marcelo,

My first action would be to use some probing. Understand where the bottlenecks are. Once you find them, it will be easier to fix.

Cheers!

Hi,

Which techniques you use for probing? Service center, lifetime, create own logging or any other tool?

Regards,

Marcelo

You might want to check out the performance profiler available at forge.

Hi John,

Thanks for your input. I will look into that. 

Keep those tips coming.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi,

I think i need to put my component to the forge, it's basically a rewrite of lifetime-performance-analytics.

then you can see for a certain screen, what the split up is on client, server and network.

In lifetime it's only visible, but I managed to split it up in "actions/aggregates as well"

And furthermore, developertools is your friend as well.

there you can use network-performance and see

- if you request too many files (can cause delay)

- if the parsers having a difficult time

- if the pages needs to be repainted too often

Hi J,

Yes would be awesome to have any improvement to lifetime analytics.

Regards,

Marcelo