Bootstrap Data Boolean

  

Hi all,

I want to import data from Excel to Outsystems. This works perfectly, except for Boolean attributes. For some reason the data won't be recognized at all by Outsystems. 

- I created the entity "Test" for an example and added an attribute "IsTest". The datatype is automatically set to Boolean. 

- I created an Excel file and skipped the "Id" row. The tab is called "Test", the row header is called "IsTest" and the rows underneath it are values with True or False. 


When bootstrapping the data the rows can not be recognized. 

I read on the forums that this should work > https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/30485/expected-boolean-but-received-string/

But for some reason this is constantly a problem. Is there something I overlooked on? 

Are the Excel cells of type Boolean, or Text?

Martijn de Pijper wrote:

Hi all,

I want to import data from Excel to Outsystems. This works perfectly, except for Boolean attributes. For some reason the data won't be recognized at all by Outsystems. 

- I created the entity "Test" for an example and added an attribute "IsTest". The datatype is automatically set to Boolean. 

- I created an Excel file and skipped the "Id" row. The tab is called "Test", the row header is called "IsTest" and the rows underneath it are values with True or False. 


When bootstrapping the data the rows can not be recognized. 

I read on the forums that this should work > https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/30485/expected-boolean-but-received-string/

But for some reason this is constantly a problem. Is there something I overlooked on? 


Probably True/False considers as Text, so can you try changing value from True to 1, and False to 0, in the excel.  


Thanks,

Balu

Balu wrote:

Martijn de Pijper wrote:

Hi all,

I want to import data from Excel to Outsystems. This works perfectly, except for Boolean attributes. For some reason the data won't be recognized at all by Outsystems. 

- I created the entity "Test" for an example and added an attribute "IsTest". The datatype is automatically set to Boolean. 

- I created an Excel file and skipped the "Id" row. The tab is called "Test", the row header is called "IsTest" and the rows underneath it are values with True or False. 


When bootstrapping the data the rows can not be recognized. 

I read on the forums that this should work > https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/30485/expected-boolean-but-received-string/

But for some reason this is constantly a problem. Is there something I overlooked on? 


Probably True/False considers as Text, so can you try changing value from True to 1, and False to 0, in the excel.  


Thanks,

Balu

Just did that, but same situation. Will not work either. 


Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Are the Excel cells of type Boolean, or Text?

Text as I see now. I am not really an excel guru, but on the options "Cellcharacteristics" there is no option I can find for Boolean. I found on the internet how to get a checkbox, but that is so much work for this file to add it on every cell. There should be a much easier way. 


Solution

Hi Martijn,

What's the language of your Excel installation? If it's Dutch, you should use WAAR and ONWAAR as equivalents of True and False.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Martijn,

What's the language of your Excel installation? If it's Dutch, you should use WAAR and ONWAAR as equivalents of True and False.

Thanks a lot!! Never thought this could be the issue, but it was.. 


Yeah, sometimes Excel goes a bit far in translating...

Thanks Kilian, good tips, i didnt know its by language.

If you have an Excel Sheet that's created in e.g. English, and it has TRUE and FALSE, and you open it in e.g. Dutch it will read WAAR and ONWAAR, and vice versa. But if you manually type the values, you must use the ones for the language Excel is installed in. If you're not sure what to use, a trick is to put the value "1" in A1, and have a formula in A2 that says "=A1=1" and in A3 "=A1=0", and you'll have the values for TRUE and FALSE :).