Bootstrap data during Deployment

Bootstrap data during Deployment

How to achieve Bootstrap data into entity during Deployment,

Help me on this..

Currently our project moving from development to QA , at that time how to start bootstrap to load the data into entity.

Thanks in advance

Hi Manikandan,

You can have the bootstrap running on a timer and set the timer to run "When published", like in the example below:

Hope it helped.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for you reply but, if am correct this will be achievable with in the development environment , but i need when we move from DEV to QA 

Regards,

Manikandan K

Hi Manikandan,

If you have the timer set to "When Published" it will always run when you deploy, regardless the environment you do it.

Nonetheless, you will have to be careful with the logic on the timer to avoid bootstrapping twice when you publish it again (for instance, in the example I gave, the "if" is a safeguard for that scenario).

Regards,

João

Hi Joao,

Then if i click on "Click 1 Publish" then what will happen.

the timer will run or it won't, if yes then.

how to use this for deployment to QA

Hi Manikandan,

When you deploy this to a new environment, LifeTime, will actually be publishing the modules of the application you're deploying, therefore the timer will run when its module is deployed.

Hi Manikandan,

It will same as Dev on QA.

Thanks!

Manikandan K wrote:

Hi Joao,

Then if i click on "Click 1 Publish" then what will happen.

the timer will run or it won't, if yes then.

how to use this for deployment to QA

When you one click publish, every time that timer will run on DEV server. As suggested here, in order to avoid duplicate entries, you need to check logic in Timer action.

Whenever you are deploying from lower environment to higher environment, DEV-> QA-> PPR -> PROD at that time also this timer will run. You don't have to click on 1 click publish on these environments to run this timer.